Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 My Stock Lt4 Topped Out At 191mph

1996 LT4 Topic
B

BIG T

MY LT4 WENT 191 MPH.THE ONLY CHANGES TO THE CAR IS A BORLA EXHAUST SYSTEM.WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SPEEDS YOU
GUYS ARE HITTING
:bu :bu :bu

Was recently sitting in the passenger seat of a GS holding the GPS. This is a stock car except for the K&N and B&B Triflow exhaust. The speedo was reading approx 4 mph lower than the GPS was showing. Car was smooth at this speed and perhaps could have gone a little more, but driver had to let off due to an upcoming finish line...:)

Terry
GS60

GPS182.jpg

MY CAR IS NOT A GS BUT IT IS NO PERHAPS IN WHAT IT DID
LAST NIGHT AT THE ATLANTA MOTER SPEEDWAY.FOLKS MOUTHS
WERE WIDE OPEN LOOKING AT THE INFO READOUT OVER HEAD.

:bu

BIG T said:
MY CAR IS NOT A GS BUT IT IS NO PERHAPS IN WHAT IT DID
LAST NIGHT AT THE ATLANTA MOTER SPEEDWAY. FOLKS MOUTHS
WERE WIDE OPEN LOOKING AT THE INFO READOUT OVER HEAD.

:bu

:upthumbs Welcome to :CAC

How did your LT4 feel @ 191 MPH?

How much does it cost to run @ Atlanta Motor Speedway?

:beer Wish I could have been there to see, I only live about 15 miles from the SpeedWay , I would love to get my ZR-1 out on the track :D :w

I would love to be able to do that! Guy

Hey, were you following me???? WOW!!!!!!!!!!

TerryGS said:
Was recently sitting in the passenger seat of a GS holding the GPS. This is a stock car except for the K&N and B&B Triflow exhaust. The speedo was reading approx 4 mph lower than the GPS was showing. Car was smooth at this speed and perhaps could have gone a little more, but driver had to let off due to an upcoming finish line...:)

Terry
GS60

GPS182.jpg

Brooks took you for one hell of a ride huh Terry? Bet your still grinnin from ear to ear.:D

Its good to know our LT4's are just as bad a$$ as the LT5's. 191 is AWESOME!!!! Sounds like you've got quite a car on your hands Big T. And welcome to the Corvette Action Center's home for LT4aholics :D

Jason

whats up folks the cost for that run was a faver for a faver
i really dont supose to be talking about it but i had to let
my fellow LT4 brothers know.it ran smooth i run 17" Z rated
toyo front & back 100mph ballanced.it was a once in a
lifetime famliy afair.
:D

How fun!

I bet it was a great ride BigT! Welcome to CACC, come back often and tell us about your vette!
Heidi

Are you sure the car is stock??? That seems pretty fast.

Hey Jason!

Yeah, Brooks did take me for a ride! Actually it really was like a Sunday drive only a whole lot faster. I'm hooked now... and already planning for next year. It sure would be neat to have a few Grand Sports in the line-up.

I had a better feeling about this speed after I saw a pic and post from Sam Bryant after the Nebraska Open Road where after the car finished dancing through the shrubbery, both driver and navigator opened the doors and were able to walk away.

NebraskaOpen.jpg

Terry
GS60

Wow!

That is almost as much as a cup car. Guess is it nice to know, not that we would, but we could!

A chuckle..

...anyone notice the sponsor decal on the rear fender of the GS?

Gonna need lots of plastic surgery to fix that GS! :D
Heidi

Note:
I think it is amazing that the driver and passenger were able to walk away! Great vette!

Re: A chuckle..

78SilvAnniv said:
...anyone notice the sponsor decal on the rear fender of the GS?

Gonna need lots of plastic surgery to fix that GS! :D
Heidi

Note:
I think it is amazing that the driver and passenger were able to walk away! Great vette!

That car was just up on Ebay not that long ago. I dont know if it was sold or not. But it was only in slightly better condition that the "after" pic above. It was being sold as a parts car.

Jason

BIG T said:
whats up folks the cost for that run was a faver for a faver
i really dont supose to be talking about it but i had to let
my fellow LT4 brothers know.it ran smooth i run 17" Z rated
toyo front & back 100mph ballanced.it was a once in a
lifetime famliy afair.
:D

U had 2 b ripping some awesome speed thru the corners to hit 191mph. :cool

Atlanta Motor Speedway

Hi Ken...

According to Sam, the left rear suspension came apart and caused the rear to swing to the left. Steering to correct did not work. He says that "During the course of the wreck, the entire left rear wheel assembly was separated from the rest of the
car." He also stated that there was no indication of a problem in this area prior to the race.

The Sandhills race..uh 'rally' is quite a bit more challenging than the Silver State as there are no opportunities on straights to bank time. It's a 'go for it' as best you can.

Sam says he will be back next year albeit in a black Z06!

From the picture... I can only say the GS served him well. He had
45k miles on the car.

Terry
GS60

Great article Ken!

Although I would love to test the 200 mph range, I don't have the
resources for this and I don't want to heavily modify the Grand Sport. I have a lot of fun in the autocross field and this Silver State open road racing was just on my list of things to do.

Having had the opportunity to sit as navigator for Brooks, I now have to drive it! Gotta be an even greater rush! The only part that bothers me is trailering the car for about 3600 miles in total.
But... it's on my list!!!

Terry
GS60

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom