Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: My Vette finally painted, complied & licenced!

bobavett

Corvette
1986 C4 AUTO Torch Red Tan & Black Interior Coupe
Hi all:w

Just to let you all know that my vette is cruising the roads 'down under' in Western Australia.

Since importing her from California last year I have repainted her, replaced the carpets, most seals, some interior trim, badges, new rear OEM mufflers, new OEM radiator, engine and gearbox service etc

This is a 'work in progress' but I have just been on a long cruise and I love it:D

Oh .... and for all the purists out there the Vette is legally licenced as LEFT HAND DRIVE .... just the way Chevy intended!

Cheers all!

View attachment 17451

View attachment 17452

View attachment 17453

View attachment 17454

View attachment 17455

View attachment 17456

View attachment 17457

View attachment 17458

Sounds as though you're set to enjoy the fruits of your labors!

Congrats!
:wJane Ann

Congrats!

So, in a place like western Australia, there must be a place where you can stretch the legs of your 'vette. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Nice C4 ! :thumb

Really nice! Enjoy, as it looks like you already have!

Thanks sure am ....

Regards

Darren

Congrats!

Thank you .... I have many vett books but the one I enjoy the most is 101 Projects for your C4. I'm sure the forum members have read or seen it.

The introduction talks about doing the basics to get your C4 in working order, then just drive it, doing things over a longer period of time.

I am a perfectionist BUT I want to drive this car.

The trap that I have fallen into in the past is not driving my cars enough ... in the end that is the thrill!:)

So, in a place like western Australia, there must be a place where you can stretch the legs of your 'vette. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Nice C4 ! :thumb

Thank you for your kind words :w

Eh yes ..... um .... there are some nice areas along the coast to 'stretch the vettes legs' .... 100KM is the legal limit .... all I will say is .... these cars are quick in standard factory form ..... ;)

Well done go and enjoy. The more you drive it the more you will not want to stop and there is nothing like being asked what year is it and the reply oh! I thought it was newer from it's looks.:L

Well done go and enjoy. The more you drive it the more you will not want to stop and there is nothing like being asked what year is it and the reply oh! I thought it was newer from it's looks.:L

Thanks John for your kind comments ...... :w

The thing about the C4 .... whether a 1984 or 1996 model ..... is the shape doesn't look dated. I think the design is very contemporary looking.

Later 1988 on model C4's, with the revamped front/back, cockpit interior and mechanical enhancements stack up very well with most recent sports/muscle cars .....

The earlier C4's like mine are a bit more rough and ready ..... a little more muscle car - ish ......

Take care! :)

She is a beauty! Something about red corvettes always turns my head. Enjoy!

She is a beauty! Something about red corvettes always turns my head. Enjoy!

Thank you for your comments:)

I had her stripped back completely - a bare shell ..... my painter (who has painted all my cars said) ..... stick to the original color - RED!

But I agonised over painting it SILVER w/Black interior. The SILVER I had in mine was the 1996 Limited Edition color.

We virtually had a stand up argument with him saying OK I'll paint the car RED and if you don't like it I'll strip it back and paint it SILVER and no charge to me !!!!!!!!

Anyway .... I went and saw it after work and went WOW! I just love the color!

I like the pick of your Vet especially the color .....:w

Next year I hope to paint. Right now I will be just happy to drive it after all this time working on it.

I am going to keep the same color scheme for the most part. I am liking this chevy color, dark cherry metallic, with a silver. Who knows maybe I will use your favorite silver :)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1075/1348404253_38d31a6652.jpg?v=0

The dark cherry color on your link is really nice .... I think that would look really classy on your vette :thumb

The silver is nice as well but the dark cherry would be very different and individual :)

Very nice! I just got mine back from the painter. Just a different shade of red.

paint009.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom