Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Name the C4 Vettes (C3's,C2'sC1's have names)

MRANT212

Corvette
1988 35th ANNIV,1971 BRIDGEHAMPTON BLUE BB COUPE
Im just wondering since the C4 generation is aging isnt it time for us to give the C4 generation a name?

All the prior generations have names for their cars... C1 solid axles, C2 mid-years and C3 are the sharks. I was thinking to try to get a name that would be well liked by the Corvette community and already have two names that we could choose from.If the members can think of other names post it here and lets see after a while if we can vote on it.

My two names are the Tech Vettes or Jet Vettes. The C4 was an evolutionary design that blew away the competition both in performance and technology. The advancement the Corvette made over the C3 was amazing. Technology was revolutionary with the suspension,braking,interior,exterior and engine design.

I kinda like Tech Vettes over the Jet Vettes. The only reason why I choose Jet as the alternative is because the car is truly like a fighter jet!! Lets rally around this and get some ideas together to give this generation new name!!

It would great for people to start calling this generation a new name. Lets go CAC members!!!! Put your heads together and lets come up with the new name!!!

Anthony

The 84s were called computer vettes due to the LCD display dash. So I would say it's a compu car.

The video game Vettes! :)

the big and wide vette.

C4

Sorry, I think it says it all!

Save The Wave! :w

Steve Calvin said:
Don't like Clamshell huh? ;)

Thats what I thought of when I read the title. I kind of like clamshell my self. These 'Vette's have a pearl of a motor under that clamshell hood!

Jason

C4 is something that has stuck with me. I just come to call them that. Not only is that the name of our cars, but think about the explosive C4, kind of one in the same.

I do like the idea. I might be partial, but how about The Best Vette :)

PLRX787 said:
They are also called "Mid-Year" Why? I have no idea.

Well, some other historians may correct me here, but the 63-67 series didn't really become known as "Mid-years" until after the 68's came out. So, the 63-67 series was mid way between the first generation of vettes and the 3rd. Prior to the 68's, we just called them Sting Rays. 68's we called a great mistake and this was when the phrase first became popular..."Sure they made a Corvette after 67...but who cares!" And, as all the geezers here know, they didn't build a Sting Ray after 67.:D

Well, if we want to stick with the "shark family" concept...

Manta Ray? (silly, I know)
Orca
Hammerhead (not sure on the similarity distinction here, but maybe someone has)
Mako
Tiger
Bull
Thresher

http://www.sharks.com/types-of-sharks/

ZRGator said:
Well, some other historians may correct me here, but the 63-67 series didn't really become known as "Mid-years" until after the 68's came out. So, the 63-67 series was mid way between the first generation of vettes and the 3rd. Prior to the 68's, we just called them Sting Rays. 68's we called a great mistake and this was when the phrase first became popular..."Sure they made a Corvette after 67...but who cares!" And, as all the geezers here know, they didn't build a Sting Ray after 67.:D
I must be a Geezer!;LOL I had a Coke Bottle for alot of year's!! Now it's a Shark!! Now that I have a Fat Albert;LOL ;LOL :D junk!!

I have to admit that I like just calling it the "C4". I know what that is.

C4 is Explosive!!

stearnman said:
Well, if we want to stick with the "shark family" concept...

Manta Ray? (silly, I know)
Orca
Hammerhead (not sure on the similarity distinction here, but maybe someone has)
Mako
Tiger
Bull
Thresher

http://www.sharks.com/types-of-sharks/
How Bout Nurf!! :D junk!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom