Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: NASCAR Diecast DE Sr stuff?

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
Over the years (years ago), I collected Dale Earnhardt, Sr. stuff and I've got more DE Sr stuff than I know what to do with even though I haven't collected NASCAR or DE Sr stuff in years.

I'd like to let someone else have the pleasure of owning some of my DE Sr stuff. I'm not an eBay or Craiglist player, so is there another web location where I might met people interested in owning some DE Sr stuff?

:w

I have a bunch of DE Sr memorabilia and others also. Got lucky enough to get his autograph at Rockingham. I was quite a fan until NASCAR turned so commercial.

I used to live in Pinehurst, NC. I had permanent seats at Charlotte and Rockingham for many years. Permanent means if you had a seat last season; you could get it again the next season. As we sat with the same people every year, it was kind of neat.
Been to Darlington, Bristol, Martinsville, Talladaga and others. As it is so big, Talladaga is better on TV than in person.
Figured being in OK, I'd earn a dislike this post for that. ;);) ;LOL

Before moving to OK, I spent 10 years in South Carolina (Myrtle Beach & Sumter). Went to Charlotte a couple of times and Dega once. Without spy glasses, even Charlotte is too big to watch from the stands, especially if you have seats in the turns. I started my NASCAR watching at a little dirt track in Shreveport back in the middle '60s when the Petty's were hot.

Over the years, I've lost my real zeal for watching plus after DE Sr passed, I've had a hard time choosing a favorite driver. Cars are uninspiring and all the same - not like the old days when "stock" meant that it started out as a "stock" car and not some tube frame, purpose built race car.

Now, what to do with a lot of my DE Sr collectibles? Don't have room to display them all so I figure some need to find a new home.

There are probably a couple eBay shops in your area. All you have to do is drop off your items, and they will take pictures, list, sell collect money and ship them off. From the proceeds, they collect a flat fee or percentage. They usually aren't cheap, but some negotiate, especially on multiple expensive items.

There are probably a couple eBay shops in your area. All you have to do is drop off your items, and they will take pictures, list, sell collect money and ship them off. From the proceeds, they collect a flat fee or percentage. They usually aren't cheap, but some negotiate, especially on multiple expensive items.

Good idea. I'll see if I can find a couple of them to help me out.
:w

Before moving to OK, I spent 10 years in South Carolina (Myrtle Beach & Sumter). Went to Charlotte a couple of times and Dega once. Without spy glasses, even Charlotte is too big to watch from the stands, especially if you have seats in the turns. I started my NASCAR watching at a little dirt track in Shreveport back in the middle '60s when the Petty's were hot.

Over the years, I've lost my real zeal for watching plus after DE Sr passed, I've had a hard time choosing a favorite driver. Cars are uninspiring and all the same - not like the old days when "stock" meant that it started out as a "stock" car and not some tube frame, purpose built race car.

Now, what to do with a lot of my DE Sr collectibles? Don't have room to display them all so I figure some need to find a new home.

True, I had seats in sorta the middle and up high enough to see well with a pair of 10x Nikon binoculars. I remember those days; although, I missed the 30 months I spent in SE Asia. Remember fist fights in the pits? LOL
I'll never forget when Wild Bill went airborne at Talladega; at that moment, I knew NASCAR had to get it under control. Kyle never achieved what Richard did. Nor did Ralph Earnhardt ever gain the respect Lee Petty did.

In the 1990s, Senior had a bad season. At Charlotte, he took the lead and the crowd roared. I had ear plugs and muffs on and the sound pressure closed my ears. You have a point, when DE Sr died; I lost a lot of interest. When I saw a commercial instead of the last lap; I quit watching.

Well, they never were "stock." However ditto, today's FEA (finite element analysis) cars are past what I care to watch. When the 24 won so much; Everham paid for one of those fancy analysis of the frame to reduce flex.

IMO, we saw the best NASCAR had to offer; hours of commercial free racing on TV.

I put mine in a box, they don't eat anything and will be worth more as time passes. ;)

Any pics?

Matchbox size cars in display case and haulers in display case to start with. More later.

MatchBox.jpg.JPGHaulers.jpg.JPG
I probably have most of the boxes for this models in my attic also.

Both of these display cases are propped up against a wall in my third bedroom. Nobody sees them.

Over the years, I collected mostly 1:24 models but I have trading cards and lots of other stuff DE Sr related.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom