Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Advice on Price for a 2003

T

TuckerBuck

I currently own an 82 Collectors Edition and am looking at a yellow 2003 Z06 with 13,700 miles. Car is a one owner and was traded in at a local Chevy dealer. I have been searching the internet for price comparisons and thought I would post here also for any input anybody would have on price comparisons or what would be a fair deal. I live in North Dakota, so the driving season is about over for us, so more than likely, it will sit on the dealers lot until spring or in my garage. Dealer was asking $32,000, quoted $30,800 no trade and I have offered $26,000. They are re-thinking their price and will get back to me on Monday.

Any thoughts or comments?? Anything specific I should be looking for as far as potential problems with Z06's? Is my understanding correct that there are very few options that were not standard on the Z06 package?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Steve O

Check Kelley Blue Book for retail pricing. Did you get a CarFax report? $26,000 is close to what a private party would be asking for an '03 Z06 in this economy so I'm sure a dealer is going to want to make a profit on the sale.

$26,000 is probably in the ball park .Most Z06 's have been run hard thats why they don't hold their value.Ride is also stiff.

Good luck and welcome

I have checked Kelly, NADA and Edmonds. Have just never had much faith in those as to what vehicles are actually selling for. Can't remember which one is was, but for comparison I priced my 82 and it retailed for $35,000! For that, I would sell it in a hearbeat. Car Fax is clean on the Z06

Based on your comments, seems like we are in the same ballpark.

If you want to see what cars are selling for, go to eBay and do a search. Make sure you check the "completed auctions." That should give you a decent idea of what they're selling for.

NADA seems pretty high, IMO while KBB seems kind of low.

I wouldn't say the Z06's don't hold their value because they're run harder. The thing about them is that with the non-removable top, 6 speed only transmission and other things, the target market for that group is somewhat lower than that of the other trims.

I've been looking at the C5 Z's myself. Found one that I'm hoping to take a look at next weekend.:D

If you want to see what cars are selling for, go to eBay and do a search. Make sure you check the "completed auctions." That should give you a decent idea of what they're selling for.

NADA seems pretty high, IMO while KBB seems kind of low.

I wouldn't say the Z06's don't hold their value because they're run harder. The thing about them is that with the non-removable top, 6 speed only transmission and other things, the target market for that group is somewhat lower than that of the other trims.

I've been looking at the C5 Z's myself. Found one that I'm hoping to take a look at next weekend.:D

If it has a warranty it would be worth more than one without.

e-bay prices may only a good measurement if you are buying the car on e-bay. Even then the location of the buyer and seller can skew the validity of the comparison. Buying from a local dealer is significantly easier and much less risk than an e-bay purchase. Of course you will pay more buying from the dealer. Added to the cost of an e-bay purchase you may have travel, shipping, inspection, etc. I would check a variety of sources and look for transactions that are most similar to the one you are considering. I would also look at asking prices for similar vehicles including those on e-bay.

Some Z06s are run hard, some are not. They don't have a removeable top but have a unique roof line that many prefer. Manual transmission Corvettes always seem to be more desireable than automatics. They are closer to race car than luxury touring and a lot of fun.

UPDATE - I did buy the car today for $27,000. Works good for me based on where I'm located and with the low miles. I appreciate all the comments that were made. They were very helpful in making this decision.

Thanks for the input.

Steve O

Cool, post some pictures when you get the chance! Sounds like you did OK.

Congrats on the purchase. I also have a 03 Z06 and love it. Bought it with 16K miles and gave 28.5K with a 2 year waranty. Drive it or my bike each day. Love the car....
I only wanted a hard top and 6 speed myself...
Neil

IMGP1883.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures, like no one has seen a yellow one before. :) Thanks again for the input. Weather has been rainy here, so have only been able to drive it a couple of times, but I love the car and am very happy with the purchase.

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom