Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need advice... rebuild, patch or junk it...

I think he was just ribbing you. Perhaps he forgot the smiley.

Next time... tape off the intake runners on the heads. :D

Perhaps... can't tell the "tone" in the written word, and yes, there was no smiley... :L Sure sounded to me like "if you can't do one simple task without messing it up, you'd better not take on something larger", but I can't be sure. I am a little "sensitive" right now about it with the prospect of spending more than I'd like to. I did the intake to "save" the labor charge of about $500... but may end up paying he same guy 5X what I thought I was saving! :ugh I think next time I work on the car, I will wear a powerful "magnetic vest" to catch anything ferrus that I might drop... of course, my watch will quit working, but what the heck. For the other parts... I hope that the non-ferrus stuff is too large to drop into any openings...

I bet you'll never work with an open manifold, at least with something stuffed into those openings, again! Some of the rest of us won't, either.

I think you should listen to the Junkie and others about the normal wear. That bolt would leave damage, like nicks, or worse, not 'belling'.

I recommend that you do this, take a LOT of digi-pics, especially of the vacuum hose and wire routing. I converted from TB to TPI and had many B&W printed pics of an '87 handy so I could put it together. Besides, I HAVE no memory.

I feel that with these engines, there is as much, maybe more, work in getting through the jungle, to the metal (the motor) as there is in actually doing the engine stuff.

Also, when patience fades, turn out the lights and go hug somebody (after hand cleaning) :L :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom