Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need help 82 corvette electrical problems

Austin

Alright so I have a 82 corvette that I have been working on and this weekend I had planed to put a new radio in but In the process of testing things and having the console all apart something has shorted out and is causing some problems it has no turn signals.....no radio power to the 12v ignition wire.....and no lights where the speedometer is also when the reverse lights come on it makes the brake lights cut off I have checked all the fuses and have found that the 5 amp crank fuse and 7.5 amp inst light fuse are not getting any power to them I checked the turn signal flasher and it its good so that's good but I am completely out of ideas.

Alright so I have a 82 corvette that I have been working on and this weekend I had planed to put a new radio in but In the process of testing things and having the console all apart something has shorted out and is causing some problems it has no turn signals.....no radio power to the 12v ignition wire.....and no lights where the speedometer is also when the reverse lights come on it makes the brake lights cut off I have checked all the fuses and have found that the 5 amp crank fuse and 7.5 amp inst light fuse are not getting any power to them I checked the turn signal flasher and it its good so that's good but I am completely out of ideas.

Did everything work before you took the center console out?

The crank fuse should only show power onto it while cranking, and the inst light fuse only when the lights are on. If you had the small gauges bezel out (or moved it in any way) I would check for signs of a short on it. How did you check the fuses? Sometimes a fuse can look good, but test bad.

I would also check and clean your grounds.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom