Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need help before to buy a 90 , QUICK!!!!

J

jimmy

I need some help before to buy a 90 convertible

What do i have to check on the car, engine, chassis.....?
What to be care full?????

The car (what i know at the momment) is a 90 convertible with factory hardtop, white with black top, red leather interior, full option (FX3, tyre pressure, bose gold.....) only 2 owner and 29K miles.

HELP ME QUICK, PLEASE I GO TO SEE THE CAR IN TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!

I had a 1976 and know a lot about C3 but not about C4 that why a need your help

I really want this car, because i think it's a really good deal but do not want to make any mistake, rushing about the wrong car

thanks

jimmy

Jimmy, do yourself a favor and pick up a copy of Michael Antonick's Corvette Buyer's Guide. You will find there, a lot of helpful tips and things to keep in mind when purchasing a previously-owned Corvette. ;)

Jimmy

my old neighbor has a 90 six speed coupe 130,000 miles he said its been a great car for him

this is what i do before i buy any car.

#1 pull the dipstick for tranny (if it's an automatic car) run your fingers down the stick and look and feel for any metalic pieces. do the same for the oil dipstick and check the color and look for stains on bottom of dipstick. it's a good indication that the oil was changed alot or not at all if the dipstick has a dark stain at the tip of it.

#2 take the car out on a drive and run it thru the gears a few times to make sure all catch nice and hard (for automatic) in manuals see how easy it is to slip into gear and the next gear run thru nice and easy to make sure it slips in very easily same for reverse.

#3 when driving the car feel for any vibrations or loud rattles when going over bumps. this way you can tell the body panels are nice and tight.

#4 slam the brakes at around 30 with your hands off the wheel. this way you can tell if it pulls one way or the other. it should be pretty much straight given this is a good smooth road.

#5 above all listen for anything that don't sound right!

Hope this helps out and good luck on your new vette! you'll love it :D

Mic

Need help.....!!!!

Thanks very much for your help and fas answer

I forgot to say it's a 6 speed manual

I would like to know the Fuel consomation of this engine and there diference with the later LT1, which one id the best to buy

I'm not rally hurry to buy the car and prefer wait for the right one

The thing is this on is exactly what i'm looking for (manual, FX3, Conv/hardtop...) the only think i would prefere a model after 91 with the new shape but still like the 90 shape

jimmy

Jimmy,
I have a '87 conv and a 92 coupe. Not that much difference between the two. The 92 has the 300 hp LT-1 engine and is noticebly faster. Both get about 25 mpg. If it is a nice car, like it sounds like, with that low of mileage, its worth a look.

But remember a 90 is an odd duck......

The air bag cpu is 1 year only
1st year of new dash style
Last year of round taillights
ABS is slightly different.
other than that... same ol' same ol'

Like all things...it will be your baby!

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom