Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Help For New Zr-1 Owner - PLEASE READ

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Hey Gang
I'd like to ask a favor for a new ZR-1 owner who has a BIG problem. He was recommended to us by several of you and it's a good thing you did.
He just recently purchased a 1990 Red/Black ZR-1. It shows only 9600 miles so he paid a great deal for the car from a used car/collector car lot in Florida who will remain annonymous at this point.

After close inspection of the car and a full list of complaints, it was clearly evident to me that this car may have had an odometer set-back. Without going into all the details, I have documented beyond a reasonable doubt that the component which holds the digital odometer information has been replaced with special circumstances.

Here's what I would really appreciate: Could all of you send this to ANYONE who might have any information regarding this vehicle. Corvette shops, registries, email lists, friends, etc., etc. who might have any info on the car. Hypothetical of course, but I might believe the previous owner may belong to some C5-C6 group if he traded to a newer model.

Let's just see how good our network is shall we? If we can find a previous owner and document the miles, we can nail this guy.

Again, the vehicle INFO IS AS FOLLOWS:
1990 Red w/Black interior
VIN 1G1YZ23J4L5802849

Please send any info to my email: Jim@AMofBG.com
thanks gang!!
jvd
p.s. If anyone knows Sue Merow she may be able to check the ZR-1 Registry's data banks.

Hey Rob, where in FL was it? You don't have to give away the dealer but I am friends with a 'Vette mechanic on the East coast that has done a lot of work on ZR1's and he may know the car.

Also, Any Chevy/GM dealer has access to a system that has details regarding any service done at any dealer. If you or anyone else has a friend at a dealer they can pull the history by VIN. The service history is pretty detailed, and includes mileage at each service and what was done.

Let's keep this one alive and circulating! I hope he can nail the crook.:mad

Jane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom