Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need help in Kalifornia

Islander

Corvette
1966 roadster
Anybody close to Mountain View, CA (94041)? I need an outfit checked out over there: Corvette Junk. I might want to buy parts from them but they only do MOs and I'm leery about sending "naked funds" across the fruited plains.

I was just there this morning and will be back for most of next Tuesday, at least.

My company is headquartered there so I tend to visit frequently even though I'm currently in our San Jose office about 20 miles down the road.

I'd be leery of sending MOs also.

Do you have an address?

A reverse phone search reveals this........

We're sorry. We did not find a listing for the phone number you entered.
The phone number "(408) 209-3805" is a Snjs North, CA based phone number and the registered carrier is Cellco Partnership Dba Verizon Wireless - Ca. However, due to number portability, some numbers have been transferred to a new service provider other than the registered carrier.
=================
Hmmmm. A cell phone as the only business contact.
=================

Also, this information about who is behind the website is in the public domain:
Registrant:http://www.networksolutions.com/domain-name-registration/private.jhtml Joe's Foreign car 151 E Evelyn Ave Mountain View, CA 94041 US Domain Name: CORVETTEJUNK.COM Administrative Contact : Ransfield, Phil bigshop@msn.com 151 E Evelyn Ave Mountain View, CA 94041 US Phone: 650 969 6969
=================

May be fine upstanding people. ;shrug

Thanks 67. I pasted that addy onto Google Earth and I got a small industrial park area off a highway. Maybe they are legit, I just don't want to throw a pile of money away in finding out.

I just got off the phone with Chris and I'm going by on Tuesday if I can sneak away from the office long enough (shouldn't be a problem - he's walking distance!)

He said that most of the stuff isn't just lying around but is in storage. I'm going to guess that he's got one of the shops up and down Evelyn (probably at the address 67Heaven posted) and has just accumulated parts.

I'll know more Tuesday. :)

Looks like several folks on the other forum have dealt with him before and they gave good feedack.

Erik,

Let me know how your visit goes. I plan on contacting him again next week to apologize for my skittishness and maybe order some parts.

Islander said:
Let me know how your visit goes.

Will do. He's got some nice stuff that should help me out. I'm very surprised that I never heard of him before! He's literally a stones throw from the office I've worked at for the last 5 years if the address 67 found holds up!

Islander said:
I plan on contacting him again next week to apologize for my skittishsness and maybe order some parts.

There is absolutely no reason to be sorry for being skittish. Each and every one of us have been burned in some way. Better safe than sorry, eh?

In the end I suspect that this guy is legit, but I'll know for sure next week.

E

I just got back from visiting Chris. Unfortunately the part I wanted wasn't quite perfect for me, but he does exist, he does have the parts (and 3 very nice C1s!) and I know where he is now (151 East Evelyn Ave, Mountain View, CA 94041)

I'm going to send him a wish list a little later today.

E

I just ordered some parts from him today. Will post feedabck when the parts arrive. Thanks for all the help, folks.

Been In My Favorites Since Early 04

I have never used him.........but have followed his web page since early 2004. He is still active, so something mustbe going on OK..........will look forward to your results.

Prices on some items are cheap........other very expensive. Looks like Pomona stuff in the old days. Now a vendor can take his stuff directly to the internet

Update: just got my parts from Chris at Corvettejunk.com. Everything was as advertised.

cheers2.gif

Update #2:

Upon further review while cleaning the parts I now see that the left arm's crossbar is slightly bent, probably as a result of the car it was on being in an accident. It is neither usable nor repairable so I have asked Chris to replace it. We'll see what kind of customer service is forthcoming, stay tuned....

Some interesting stuff on there. I could use that hood too.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom