Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Help injector not firing

willis381

Corvette
1982 corvette
I have a 82 Vette with 29,000 miles. I have never had a problem with it. All of a sudden it started running bad. I thought it was a egr valve or something like that. I do not know much about cross fire but noticed it was not firing one of the injectors. I think both should be firing at idle but not for sure. I moved the wires of the one that was firing to the injector that was not and it let fuel through. so the injector seems fine. i then checked and both have a wire that is hot at each injector. The blue wire and and the green wire I guess are the negative pulse wires that go to each injector. the injector with the green wire does not show it has any ground signal from the ecm (that is the injector not firing). I then went to the ecm and on the white plug teminal 9 is the green wire and it checks good from the plug to the injector. I then took a grounded test lead and probed the green wire outside the plug at the ecm and the injector fired once every time I touch the wire. I guess the ecm would be bad but need to see what you guys think.

I replied to this one somewhere else, but... try the fusebox under the dash, each injector has a 3amp fuse. Inject#1 and Inject#2 and yes they both should be spraying fuel at idle.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom