Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need help with ac unit please!

DeBaGo

Corvette
1991 Red Coupe
I have a 1991 coupe. my ac unit had always worked flawlessly until about a week ago. I was reinstalling the underside of the driverside dash. It took a little while to get everything lined up, but I finally screwed it back in place. The only wiring I touched was reconnected the little under dash light and mounted the tester harness back. Well now my Ac unit has no power at all. It will light up when the headlights are on but the outside temp is gone and none of the other LCD's work and it wont do anything. I checked the fuse already. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Devon

You say you checked the fuse. If I remember correctly, there is more than one fuse feeding that circuit. If your at a loss for ideas, I would probe the tips of the various fuses to find out if there is another faulty one.

4beepnm.jpg

Yeah I have the FSm, but i cant read electrical diagrams for anything, hope I can get it fixed soon, or its off to a shop and havig $$$ spent on it :(

Yeah I have the FSm, but i cant read electrical diagrams for anything, hope I can get it fixed soon, or its off to a shop and havig $$$ spent on it :(
Just curious, what's there to read?

All you need to do is probe the exposed metel on the tip (top) of each fuse to see if you have voltage. Hold one probe end to ground, the other one to one side of the fuse, then the other side. If you have voltage on both sides your fuse is good. Simple 30 minute job to do all the fuses... Any problems, please let me know...

The fuse is ok. I have a feeling a ground in that rats nest under the dash ( drivers side) was knocked loose. As far as whats to read, well knowing where these parts are for one. or understanding use CN1 pin and test with balh blah blah pin, if bad replace ac unit.

by th way my fuse block on the passenger side doesnt look like the one you posted. My AC fuse is top row, 1st fuse on left

by th way my fuse block on the passenger side doesnt look like the one you posted. My AC fuse is top row, 1st fuse on left

Sorry, just trying to help you. All I was trying to tell you is you keep saying fuse. You should be saying fuses (ie more than one). On mine, which is a 93, the wiring to tied to two seperate fuses. On mine, my AC clutch froze up. It caused two seperate fuses to blow. The AC MDL and the AC Clutch.

On mine, I had to disconnect the AC clutch from the Compressor. This will allow the AC Clutch to not blow, which in turn would not blow the AC MDL fuse. If you
happen to run a screw through the AC clutch wiring to short it to ground this would cause the AC clutch fuse to blow, which is causing the other "normal" fuse to blow.

Just my suggestion. Make sense? Let see what the other forum members recommend...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom