Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need help with pictures

vetwanna

Corvette
1996 Polo Green Coupe
Hello,

I need some of wiser members to tell me how to get the pictures to appear in the post.

Thanks in advance

Question 1- are the photos hosted somewhere on the internet, or are they only on your computer? If they are hosted on a server that allows direct linking, you can grab the address of the photo and then imbed that in your post here on the CAC. You do that by clicking the
insertimage.gif
and then pasting the link into the little box that comes up. What you will get is a full-size photo in your post.

If the photo is on your computer, then you first have to get it uploaded somewhere. You can upload to the CAC (directly into your post), but it has to be a fairly small file (about 100k if I remember correctly). We can go into that if we need to.

So- the first question is where is the photo- and if it isn't on the web, how large is it, and do you have resizing software?

Tammy

The photos are on Photobucket so I think that makes it pretty easy from your instructions.

Thanks

I think I found your post with the photos.
If you want to just create a link to the photos- then click the
createlink.gif
button and paste the address into the little box.

If you want to have the photo show in your post, then click the
insertimage.gif
button and paste in the address.

The first imbeds

If you have your photo's on Photobucket, just under the photo are three catagories. The bottom one says IMG Code. It will have a string that starts with
100_0203.jpg
Most of my post wont appear or will my pic, I don't know why.

Thank you I think I have it now, but we will see the next time I try

photos

I think I found your post with the photos.
If you want to just create a link to the photos- then click the
createlink.gif
button and paste the address into the little box.

If you want to have the photo show in your post, then click the
insertimage.gif
button and paste in the address.

The first imbeds tags in your post, the second imbeds [url] tags. You want to have one or the other, but usually not both. (I removed the extra URL tags).[/quote]
don,t mean to butt in but i have been trying to get someone from action center to tell me how to upload pictures stored on my computer in an easyshare software program.
thanks

don,t mean to butt in but i have been trying to get someone from action center to tell me how to upload pictures stored on my computer in an easyshare software program.
thanks

I'm not familiar with that program- so you'll have to work with me. Can you get to the image files, or at least, can you right-click copy the images and then save them- either into the file system, or copy and paste them into something like paintbrush?

If you can get to the images, then we can then move on to the next step of getting them uploaded to a photo hosting place, or into your post on the CAC.

Feel free to email me if you want to take it offline- just right click on my user name and send email.

I'll just move this over to the Site Help and Feedback section so we can gab about photos without restraint :upthumbs

Tammy

i did get the file onto this site and tried to upload picture but i got a notice that said file size was too large and didn't know how to shrink it or what to do next.

Ah, OK, that helps me know where to start.

There are 2 free utilities that I have used to resize software. (Of course, there are many, many other out there) One is by Microsoft and hooks right into your context (right-click) menus in a windows file explorer, which is very handy. The other one is a little stand-alone program that has many other bells and whistles, but isn't quite as easy to use. I'm assuming you have Windows and not a Mac?

Here is the Windows Power Toy Image Resizer:
Microsoft Image Resizer

Once you install it, just right click on the file you want to shrink. It will create a copy by default, with (Medium) or (Large), etc in the name.

This is the freestanding application:
Irfanview
You have to install the software, then run IrvanView and select Image- Resize from the menu.

If you shrink your photos down to 800x600, they should fit within the size allowed for uploads here at the CAC- about 122k for jpegs.

Tammy

If you have your photo's on Photobucket, just under the photo are three catagories. The bottom one says IMG Code. It will have a string that starts with
100_0203.jpg
Most of my post wont appear or will my pic, I don't know why.

HPG,

When I right clicked on the
100_0203.jpg
in your post above and selected properties the address or URL looked like this:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f374/hpg2/100_0203.jpg[/IMGX]%20I%20added%20an%20X%20at%20the%20end%20so%20not%20to%20show%20the%20photo.%20Just%20point%20to%20the%20one%20in%20your%20photo,%20left%20click%20and%20it%20will%20darken%20,%20then%20right%20click%20and%20hit%20copy.Then%20in%20your%20post,%20just%20right%20click%20the%20mouse%20and%20hit%20paste.The%20photo%20should%20appear.You%20should%20see%20a%20pic%20like%20this%20http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f374/hpg2/100_0203.jpg

This isn't a valid address for the photo which you're trying to post. I'm not sure what caused the error, but this is the address of the photo in your photobucket account which [U]I think[/U] you intended to share:
[URL]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f374/hpg2/100_0203.jpg[/URL]

I always right click on my photo I want to post, then select Properties from the drop down menu. Then I copy the address, return to my post, select the button on the Reply to page
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c316/JAG_XLR8/Photo_Posting/CAC_Message_Header.gif

and PASTE the address in the popup window that appears. Click on okay, and the photo will appear in your post - like so:

100_0203.jpg

Hope this helps!
Nice C4!

:w Jane Ann

HPG-
I fixed your post- I think.

I think it was displaying crazily because any time you put in "
tag). And if it doesn't find one, well, I'm not sure what it does :L

So if you want the tags themselves to display (like you did, when explaining how they work), you have to put a space in them, or put quotes around them, or something else to fool the parser.

Like this... [IMGx] [/IMGx]
or this [ IMG] [ /IMG]
or this "
"

Tammy

HPG-
I fixed your post- I think.

I think it was displaying crazily because any time you put in "
tag). And if it doesn't find one, well, I'm not sure what it does :L

Thanks, I was trying to show vetwanna how to paste the pic. I put the x in

photobucket problems

Tammy-
I'm a newbe (duh). I've been following this thread trying to post pics of my car. All I get is a box with an x in it! Help please. I just started using photobucket so I'm going to try to change an avatar while I wait for your reply. Thanks!

John

Tammy-
I'm a newbe (duh). I've been following this thread trying to post pics of my car. All I get is a box with an x in it! Help please. I just started using photobucket so I'm going to try to change an avatar while I wait for your reply. Thanks!

John

John,
Go ahead and give it a shot here in this thread. Don't worry if you get a red x. Then I'll take a look at the properties and see what might be wrong.

Tammy

OK, there was too much extra stuff between the IMG tags in the one that showed up as red x.

What you had was this:
PHP:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/[IMG]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/glide-photo/Corvette004.jpg
All you need is the address of the image on the photobucket site- this one:

PHP:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/glide-photo/Corvette004.jpg
just take that and paste it into the little window you get when you click the
insertimage.gif
button

What you will see while you are editing is this
PHP:
[IMG]http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/images/editor/insertimage.gif[/IMG]
and what you get when you click the "Preview" or "Submit Reply" button is this:
Corvette004.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom