Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need input and advice on motor rebuild

I have Google searched the web for info on the zz409, looking for specs and couldn't find anything. Anyone got the specs or could point me to where I can find them?

I've got an opportunity to pick up some Lingenfelter wrapped Long tubes with the AIR tubes. The guy wants $450. They're used off a 90 vette. No Y-pipe. Claims new wrap job, in excellant condition. I can't find anything like it on Lingenfelters weak web site. They are set up for angled plugs. Could I safely assume these will go on the AFR's, and does this sound like a reasonable price?

Moonunit.

ZZ409

LSA 112
Lift i/e .520/.520
Duration at .050 226/226

You can buy it from www.tpis.com

Or if it is going in an 87 or later rooler block, I have one with 4000miles I might sell

Hey Jeff it's an 87, That sounds like a poosibility for sure. Need a 219?:L
Drop me an e-mail, maybe your # and we can discuss it. Thanks.

I was looking at the TPIS website a couple times and couldn't make it work. Finally I tried it with IE and had no trouble. I rarely use IE.

The AFR's are the L98 configuration. I guess I'll have to call Lingenfelter.

Hey Jeff, thanks for the info on the cam. Looks like I'm gonna go with the SR after all. Of course that could change, still don't have it yet, but it is supposed to be coming soon, again. But I did finally get this
Big%20Box,%20Big%20Motor.jpg

WooHooooooo :upthumbs Picked it up two days ago:J

Moonunit 451 said:

How bout the Borla's, 2 and 3/4", is that a good choice? Trying to tie some up for $400 in nice shape
BORLACLOSE-UP.JPG

Got em.

Working on some Hooker 2151 1.75" primary headers; Jet Hot coated as well for about the same $.

Talk to me guys:beer

I have that Set-up

2151 Hooker Headers with HPC Coating, flowing into a 2-3/4" Borla Cat-back off of a ZR1, same tips as in the picture. No cats. It sounds real good too

Hey Jeff, i think these were actually advertised as being for an early or mid 90's model, so I hope they'll fit OK. Should be able tpo make em work, going to true duals. I'll be using the Lingrenfelter headers. Unfortunately, they're wrapped not coated, so they won't be that pretty, but they should do the trick.

Just finished dropping in the motor:J It went real well! Now it's time to start hooking stuff back up down below and order the last few things. Hope that SR shows up soon:( Should a been here by now. When it shows up I'll send you an e-mail and we can talk about a chip!:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom