Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Need Insight on Making MP3 Folders

Rollnfast

Corvette
2005 Malibu Red
I've got a 2009 Z06....Jetstream Blue...love the frick'n car! I also love my music when driving. I have an extensive iTunes library and would like to create directories/folders so I can have access to a large number of songs. I've read the owner's manual and it only describes how the CD player will respond with finding and play directories/folders on CD/R discs. It gives absolutely no direction on how to create directories/folders. Right now when I use CD/R discs I can only get about 16-17 songs before iTunes tells me the disc to full. I know there is a way to do this! Please, can someone lay down a simple step-by-step process that I can follow. And by the way, when I am able to put 16-17 files on a CD/R disk once the disc it ejected, it's locked and cannot be used again. Am I doing something wrong.

Rollnfast :w

Sound like what you have been doing is creating a standard audio cd rather than MP3.
To make an MP3 cd with folders you would do it by making a data cd or you may have the option of an mp3 cd and just putting the files on in folders however you chose.
Make sure your files are mp3 before creating the CD. i think if they have been downloaded through itunes they are a different format.
itunes can be used to convert any files to mp3 if needed.

The CDR being lock after creating the cd is unavoidable. if its not locked only your computer will be able to read it. if you want to re-use the cd you will need a CDRW but i'm not sure if your cars cd player will read this type.

I've got a 2009 Z06....Jetstream Blue...love the frick'n car! I also love my music when driving. I have an extensive iTunes library and would like to create directories/folders so I can have access to a large number of songs. I've read the owner's manual and it only describes how the CD player will respond with finding and play directories/folders on CD/R discs. It gives absolutely no direction on how to create directories/folders. Right now when I use CD/R discs I can only get about 16-17 songs before iTunes tells me the disc to full. I know there is a way to do this! Please, can someone lay down a simple step-by-step process that I can follow. And by the way, when I am able to put 16-17 files on a CD/R disk once the disc it ejected, it's locked and cannot be used again. Am I doing something wrong.

Rollnfast :w
You can use windows media player place a blank cdr in your computer look on the top it will say burn tap that a pull down window will show data or audio choose data this will format for mp3 and will hold upward to 160 files hopes ths helps if not let me know.this is the way ive been doing it for years:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom