Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Need more exhaust noise.

Greg Corcoran

Corvette
1998 Red Convertable
I have a 98 convertible with a very quiet exhaust. Would it be too loud if I removed the muffler and just used the cat converters? I would be happy to hear any other suggestions. I am limited with money since I am retired. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I live in Wisconsin so I would love to have this done before the snow starts flying and my baby is put away for the winter.
Thanks,

Greg

First off a "Welcome" is in order. :w Retired? So you're old and hard of hearing? :D Join the crowd. :thumb Personally, I doubt seriously you want to remove the mufflers and run just the cats.....that would be really loud. On my C5 (2001) I put a set of used Corsa Sports on and loved the sound. Fairly quiet at idle and normal driving, but step on it and she would wail. Now, on my C6 (2007) it came with Borla Stingers and it has a very muscle car sound...low and throaty like a sixties muscle car.

No mufflers, I'm afraid, will be very loud.

I have a 98 convertible with a very quiet exhaust. Would it be too loud if I removed the muffler and just used the cat converters? I would be happy to hear any other suggestions. I am limited with money since I am retired. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I live in Wisconsin so I would love to have this done before the snow starts flying and my baby is put away for the winter.
Thanks,

Greg

Do not run just straight pipes from the cat's back, it really doesn't sound good, it is very obnoxious, and can get you a ticket.

Borla Stingers are a good choice.

One of the aftermarket exhausts I've thought really works well if you want something a bit louder than stock but not obnoxiously loud is the Flowmaster.

Another choice I like is a C4 Z06 muffler system paired with an aftermarket X-pipe mid-section.

Both sound great but are not too loud.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom