Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TallGuy

TallGuy

I'm 6'10" and 245 pounds. I'm 59 (about to be 60) and have ALWAYS LOVED Corvettes. Since high school I've always fantasized about driving one.

My question: which year, which style, Corvette can I fit in and drive "comfortably"?

I've driven a friends in college (late 70's) and I've sat in a 2013 (kind of fit) and a 2017 (no way!).

A manual transmission is my preference and a coupe (less noise) not a convertible, although the convertible seems sexier to me.

Is noise an issue in a convertible?

Any and all suggestions FROM REALLY TALL PEOPLE would be appreciated:)

70’s t- tops might be a good fit for you. I’m 6’3” with s 77 t-top. No issues with the tops off but really have to settle in with tops on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 6'3 with a 36" in seam and 38" sleeve; think orangutan. ;) I've never owned a car I really fit in.

Welcome to CAC..

I'm not near as tall as you (6'1 1/2") but my C6 has the most room of any Vette I've owned. I understand what you mean about the C7 (the 2014- present), it feels 'tighter' to me. I don't know if there is a Corvette that you can be comfortable in. I'd try a C6 (2005-2013) as I think that is going to be your best bet.

Oh and welcome to CAC. :w

welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!

Tall guy

I'm only 6'4" and 250# but struggle with fitting into many vehicles.

Went shopping for a Corvette. pushed the electric seat back as fall as possible and the rake of the seat where it was comfortable. then placed my hand down to the bottom of the seat in the back and discovered approx. 2" of extra room before the seat would touch the bulkhead.

I purchased a C5 Corvette almost two years ago and immediately took out the drivers seat. Transported it to a local body shop wizard that I know and paid him $150 to relocate the sliding mechanism of the seat further back on the rail by 2" (that's two inches of extra legroom).

My arms are only 36" for shirt size so I made sure that the car that I bought had tilt AND telescopic wheel.

The C6 cars have very similar dimensions as the C5. Haven't seen the underside of their seat tracks so don't know if the same alteration could be made as I had done on my C5.

C7s all have harsh side bolstering and can only be comfortable if the driver/passengers are skinny! Many C7 owners take their cars to a qualified upholsterer and have the bolsters cut down and/or tapered so that a regular sized butt can fit and not be miserable after a short ride.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom