Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need pics of front engine bracketry on a stock C1...and 2 other trivia questions..

Stan's Customs

Corvette
Project 1961....
Does anyone have pics of or know where I can find some good front bracket and pulley pics of a C1 stock engine...preferably '61 and '62?

Also when was the first year Corvette offered factory air conditioning...?

...and last, when did the first Quadrajet carb appear on a stock Corvette.

Thanks and best regards...Stan M.

61 Engine Pict

I have a few front engine pictures (if I can find the disk I have many engine pictures) of my 61 restoration that will show before and after and prior to body drop. Send me your email address and I will forward them to you.

Air option was introduced in the corvette in late 63.

Ray
ray63@rochester.rr.com

Address sent...Thanks Ray, now all I need is pics of a '63 engine brackes set up with A/C...

Maybe the A/C bracketry would clear the frame etc., on a C1 too.....

...Stan

there are several aftermarket AC systems for Corvettes, most use the Sanden compresser which is smaller then the early GM compresser for an easier fit.

Hey Shine...yep one and the same.

I have a friend in Snyder that just picked up a C1 with a bare engine in the bay. basically a long block. Needs brackets, carb....and wants a/c. Old straight axle drag car he's going to make a driver out of.

He has a good intake and Quadrajet carb and some various brackets. I thought between the two of us we could get it running without spending much. At least till he gets over the purchase price and paint work etc.

Like everyone else when they start with a wreck like this...he's thinking old school drive train for nostalgia's sake even though the car has no chance of being a first rate original.

I expect that will change...but in the mean time I needed some pics to see if some of the stuff I have laying around would help...and mostly fit within the confines of the C1 frame. He already has side motor mounts from the drag days...

Stan...

thought so........... i could tell by the twang in your typing :rotfl all they had was a generator and it mounted on the pass side manifold. just get some alan grove brackets for it and get after it. making a hotrod out of an original is easy compared to making an original from a drag car. i'm trying to get rid of this 62 so i can get with it on the 57 restomod. hope to purchase a 55-57 to build this winter. let me know if i can help............. dont know it all but i know a little:D

"making a hotrod out of an original is easy compared to making an original from a drag car."

Ain't it so...heh heh! ( little more twang I reckon')

Yea...he's just getting his feet wet...I give him six months to be looking at LS drivetrains.

I've already told him about Billy Dawson's stuff...but he's still in shock over the initial cost of his project, so this will take a little time to be a consideration.

I think Dawson's frame is a perfect application for his car. In fact I like that frame more than anything on the market and I've done a lot of homework on the subject. I like the open area (no x brace) and ground clearance that other frames don't have. Engine trans choices are limitless and working room is plentiful for exhaust and anything else you want to do front to rear.

If I ever get my parental care obligations taken care of ...Dawson's frame is first on the list for my project. Been trying to get that handled for almost 3 years. Light's at the end of the tunnel though....maybe by Christmas I'll have one.

Then my buddy will have to have one...and....so on, I bet.

Stan

i have looked at every frame out there and billy's is by far the best i've found. thanks to Mr Mcgraw :D one thing about it is your buddy can spend thousands on this car and loose 30k on it or he can build it right and maybe even make a little. the cost of restoring a vette far exceeds the value now days. the restomods are up there in the 150 range now. plus they are a joy to drive compared to the straight axle ride. sad but true.

Aye...'tis sad and a 30K losss is true (probably even conservative.)

I've had three years to explore every avenue...(I think)...and these basket case hot rods just can't really justify anything else. Unless money is no issue at all ...and I know there are some that can dump 70-80K and even afford to take a total loss.....30K is a Vegas weekend...too bad I don't fit that model. Worked too hard to do it even if I struck oil....so there you go...sigh!

Guess I'll build a Resto LS whatever flavor of the day is Mod ...ha! Not much nostalgia but a hell of a ride...

I think the C1's get a little less aerodynamic than a brick at 140 mph or so....but it sure will be fun up to there.

Then when I get tired of that...I'm going to sell it and put the money toward a diesel pusher motorhome. If I sell all my boats, Cushmans and cars I should be able to get a nice low mileage pusher to go the rest of the miles I can manage.....

My initial plan was to have a 4 speed C1 Corvette to pull around behind my motorhome. Now there's something you wouldn't see everyday..heh heh!

Anyway...like I said I have considered almost everything.

Stan...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom