Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Tire Opinions

I thought the GS D3s were much better than the Kumho tires I had; Kumhos were noisier to me.
Bill

Do yourself a favor before you pull the trigger and spend all your hard earned money. Go onto the Tirerack.com site and look up one of the favorite tires mentioned here by the members and then go to the "comparison charts" provided by the Tire Rack and from there you will find numerous tests/charts and opinions about every kind of tire from big money to cheapo's......good luck.

need tires

Do yourself a favor before you pull the trigger and spend all your hard earned money. Go onto the Tirerack.com site and look up one of the favorite tires mentioned here by the members and then go to the "comparison charts" provided by the Tire Rack and from there you will find numerous tests/charts and opinions about every kind of tire from big money to cheapo's......good luck.

This is very good advice. It is exactly what I did when I chose the GY GS D3s and it is what I am doing now since it has been a while and this is another car. I suspect I will chose the same tires but it doesn't hurt to look and looking doesn't cost anything. I also checked CF and CA for what others were saying they chose and why then off to Tire Rack for comparisons. I put stock only in those reviews that had some mileage on the tires for a better comparison. Look at the ratings. Lots of good information.
Bill:w

BF Goodrich T/A g-Force KDW-2's

Just got the new KDW-2's mounted and balanced. Did a lot of research before buying. In the end the KDW-2's won on two factors. First the Tire Rack and owner reviews were very positive. Secondly they offered a wide selection of sizes (especially in terms of aspect ratios). Mine are 255/40/18 front and 285/40/18 rear. Wheels are 18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear.

Remo:cool
spring07.JPG

I've never experienced any noise/ride issues with the stock runflats. The majority of any lengthy driving I do with the Vette is highway.

02d085d1.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom