Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need to know a good asking price for a '93 coupe

MARLTON LT-4

Corvette
1976 resto mod
I need some help. One of my co-workers is considering selling his 1993 anniversary coupe (looking at a C-6). He asked if I knew what a good asking price should be for his vette. The car is fantastic condition all around. It is a fully detailed show car that sits in his garage. It needs nothing and has never been hit, repainted, and shows very minimal, if any wear. It is 100% stock with a original paperwork. Here are the details. Please give me some quick feedback!

1993 coupe anniversary edition
21,800 miles
auto
all options including...
adjustable suspension
sport seats
2 tops
extras(cover, etc)
in NJ

Thank you much!!

CP :upthumbs

Sounds remarkably similar to the car listed in the next posting from "Roleary" in Mass- - he's asking $23k. These limited edition cars may not be properly reflected in NADA.com or KBB.com particularly when they're low mileage, pristine examples.

By comparison, E-Bay in my opinion typically reflects the lower end- at least for those that sell. You can tell the folks that are pretty proud of their cars - -or smoking crack--- their high prices typically garner no bids.

I'd use KBB or NADA as a very rough guide, then adjust for condition and limited production models.

Regards-

CQRT said:
Sounds remarkably similar to the car listed in the next posting from "Roleary" in Mass- - he's asking $23k. These limited edition cars may not be properly reflected in NADA.com or KBB.com particularly when they're low mileage, pristine examples.

By comparison, E-Bay in my opinion typically reflects the lower end- at least for those that sell. You can tell the folks that are pretty proud of their cars - -or smoking crack--- their high prices typically garner no bids.

I'd use KBB or NADA as a very rough guide, then adjust for condition and limited production models.

Regards-
I know. That IS an incredible coincidence. My co-work is in NJ and it is not the same car. I guess everyone is dumping these cars at once. Do you think that is worth $17,000-$18,000 as I described it?? I do not know if it a Z07 or even if it would make a difference!

CP

MARLTON LT-4 said:
I know. That IS an incredible coincidence. My co-work is in NJ and it is not the same car. I guess everyone is dumping these cars at once. Do you think that is worth $17,000-$18,000 as I described it?? I do not know if it a Z07 or even if it would make a difference!

CP

17-18k is fair, but you still gotta find the right buyer... one that wants a low mile 40th, that would be for weekends only.

CP:
Oddly enough, the two cars I've been considering for "next Vette" are the Ruby 93 Anniversary or the unusual copper-colored 94's - - about 116 produced as I recall. I'm almost done with the new interior in our `74 - -then it's going in the paper to be sold along with it's garage-mate, our 74 MGB convertible (was the year we were married).
As Vettelt193 says, it'll take the right buyer-- depending upon timing, I'd certainly be interested but am looking towards late summer/early fall.

Regards-

CQRT said:
CP:
Oddly enough, the two cars I've been considering for "next Vette" are the Ruby 93 Anniversary or the unusual copper-colored 94's - - about 116 produced as I recall. I'm almost done with the new interior in our `74 - -then it's going in the paper to be sold along with it's garage-mate, our 74 MGB convertible (was the year we were married).
As Vettelt193 says, it'll take the right buyer-- depending upon timing, I'd certainly be interested but am looking towards late summer/early fall.

Regards-
What do you think that someone in your position would pay for the Jim's (the one I descrbed) '93??? v Just need an idea.

Thanks!

CP,

CE magazine is running a price guide this month for all years and models. It lists a '93 coupe in "good" (not a beater but not showroom pristine) condition, at 12,400. A '93 Ruby coupe is 15,800 .... add for 6-speed, etc.

The low production models like the 40th Anniversary, Grand Sport, and ZR-1 are the few of the C-4's that actually went up in value in the past year.... or, at least according to CE.

But the key thing, as mentioned before, is finding the right buyer, and being patient. Which goes to my question .... how anxious is this person wanting to sell? That is gonna be a true incicator of actual saleing price.

CP: Sent you an e-mail explaining my thinking (however convoluted)- - short answer: mid/high teens.

regards-

CQRT said:
CP: Sent you an e-mail explaining my thinking (however convoluted)- - short answer: mid/high teens.

regards-
Congrads on your retirement and thanks for all of your help!! It is kind of a tricky car to put an exact price onto. The artical in CE had it up 5%, which is the greatest increase in value of all C4's. Although they have one in excellent shape valued at $21,000.00 +, I never knew of anyone paying that kind of sick money for that particular car. Average C4's around that year same condition, etc seem to sell for around $14,500.00 or so right now. I just can't see the "40th" package adding more than a grand or two to the value. Maybe the appraisers at CE know more than we do and we should grab them up now!

CP ;)

You know, I just think it's a cool car . . . my investment strategy has usually been, "buy high, sell low". My eight Corvettes have been no exception.

Regards-

Go to www.Contes.com, he's in Vineland and he's got two listed for sale. They have been on their site for a while. I don't think the Ruby package adds significant value. You have to find someone who really has a hot taste for one. I think they fall into the other specialties( i.e.) silver anniversary, pace car. A nice car stands on it's own. If it's a specialty model, I think it narrows the field. Just my .02

BruceBed said:
Go to www.Contes.com, he's in Vineland and he's got two listed for sale. They have been on their site for a while. I don't think the Ruby package adds significant value. You have to find someone who really has a hot taste for one. I think they fall into the other specialties( i.e.) silver anniversary, pace car. A nice car stands on it's own. If it's a specialty model, I think it narrows the field. Just my .02
Will you be at the Penske show next week in K of P?? Two white convertibles side by side?? CP

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom