Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Needed: Gear indicator thingy

Blu ByU

Corvette
'04 CE LeMans Blue Coupe, 1978 Pace Car
I need the white plastic part that indicates what gear the car is in (automatic). It's for a 78 if that matters. Thanks.

That's it - thanks Guy! I found a couple other things I needed too...

Kelly

i probably have an extra one around if you can wait a couple of days for me to find it. if i can, it's yours if you want it. it won't be brand new, but it will be a genuine GM part and will be in very good to excellent condition if i remember correctly. let me know if you're interested or want to buy a "new" one. BTW, you need to pull the console out to replace it as it rides on the gearshift assembly on the neutral lockout switch side (right side). not a hard job, just annoying (trying to find the screw holes for the side panels), lol!!

steve

i probably have an extra one around if you can wait a couple of days for me to find it. if i can, it's yours if you want it. it won't be brand new, but it will be a genuine GM part and will be in very good to excellent condition if i remember correctly. let me know if you're interested or want to buy a "new" one. BTW, you need to pull the console out to replace it as it rides on the gearshift assembly on the neutral lockout switch side (right side). not a hard job, just annoying (trying to find the screw holes for the side panels), lol!!

steve

Thanks for the offer Steve, but I already ordered it. Yeah, pulling the console out, that's how I broke the darn thing! That little cotter pin that holds the shift stick to the transmission link slipped off, that's why I had to take the console apart. If I break this one putting it back in, I'll give you a shout!

Kelly

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom