Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Never been so glad to have a coolant leak...

Hey Tom,

Nope not yet...but I did order a Summit bonded elastomer damper and a FlowKooler water pump on Thursday...should be here by Tuesday so I can start racking up the miles again! :D

You wanna know how cool kids can be...Zach has a $20 bill he's been saving from xmas...he brought it to me the other day and says "dad, will this help to get the Corvette fixed?". Of course I didn't take it...but how cool is that!

Bill

Bill, Zach's got a good head on his shoulders. He'll make a good Corvette guy when he gets a little older.

Hey Tom,

Nope not yet...but I did order a Summit bonded elastomer damper and a FlowKooler water pump on Thursday...should be here by Tuesday so I can start racking up the miles again! :D

You wanna know how cool kids can be...Zach has a $20 bill he's been saving from xmas...he brought it to me the other day and says "dad, will this help to get the Corvette fixed?". Of course I didn't take it...but how cool is that!

Bill

Bill - WAY Cool! One day you can pass on the Vette to Zach and he can take it over 500K miles!:W

Tom - Oh Well. ;shrug Now you can drive her with more confidence. :upthumbs

Tom - Oh Well. ;shrug Now you can drive her with more confidence. :upthumbs

Greg, I am much more confident about it now. It is running a bit warmer than it did before. Not tremendously, just a few degrees (8-10). I have the system "burped" completely now and it still runs a bit warmer. I am going to take the old thermostat out of the old W/P and check to see if the previous owner had put a cooler one in. If they did, I might just swap out the thermostats, otherwise I am not going to worry about it.

Oh BTW, I have stopped the oil leak, I think. At least she hasn't dripped after the last two outings. But now there is a small drip at the back of the transmission housing and it's auto-trans fluid. Boy if it's not one thing it's another. Thinking I might try some seal sealer. Any one have suggestions?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom