Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

never liked the C4 all that much, so what happened to me?

It’s all good, nothing can be finer than a Corvette convertible, even if at times the seats appear pink.

B17Crew
:w

Thats true, and it is alot of fun, and hey, some chicks dig pink.....:beer

86 VETTE

I HAVE OWNED A 70 NOVA 350 4 BOLT MAIN, 74 Z28 CAMARO 350, 78 TRANS AM 455, 84 CAMARO AND NOW MY 86 CORVETTE AND OF COURSE NONE OF THESE COMPARE TO THE VETTE. BUT I WILL SAY I DID ENJOY THE OTHER CARS. PLUS THE 86 VETTE RAN 14 SEC. IN THE 1/4 MILE STOCK, WHILE IT TOOK ALOT OF ENGINE WORK TO GET THE OTHER CARS TO RUN IN THAT TIME FRAME.

ROCKYQ

CHECKERED FLAG CORVETTE CLUB

Annapolis md

save-the-wave:w

I did not read this whole thread, but I will say that my C4 (1994) "feels" like a sports car. The seats hug you and I feel like "one with the car" when I am in it. I will admit the C4 was NOT my first choice. I really wanted a mid year roadster, (I had a 64 coupe 30 years ago) but they were not economically feasible for me. So my research/hunt went another direction....C4. I am so happy that I was able to see the light.

I fell in love with the "new" C4 waaaaaaay back in 1983 when I first saw it in a magazine advertisement. I still think the c4 is a very elegant, stylish design, proportionally perfect, and timelessly designed. The restrained lines and curves on the car give it more maturity than the 70s-rock-star shape of the c3. There are still times when I am taken aback at the beauty of the car, particularly when I see it from a different angle, for example one night I parked in a lot and went upstairs, and saw my car from above and it looked damn good for an eighteen-year-old car. The other day some kid stopped me at a gas station and offered to buy it.

I'm getting a c6 this year, just because I think it's time to get a new car, so this one will go into storage. I can't bear to part with it, since we've been on so many adventures together.

My first Corvette was an '82 Collector's Edition, which I bought in Las Vegas 6 years ago. Since I was a poor kid from the wrong side of the tracks "back in the day", I always wanted a '62 - which I bought 3 years ago (sold the '82). Last year, I saw a black, low mileage '93 coupe, 6 speed, absolutely stock and well cared for. I bought it at a nice price, so I could drive it, without worrying about it every moment, like I do the '62. I, too, am "on the fence" about it's looks --- I love the curves of the C5 ---but, damn, the thing is fun to drive. It's been very reliable; reasonably comfortable and everything works (except for the *&^%$* CD player, which I'll have rebuilt this year).

One question for the readers..............anyone know of a "corvettes only" repair shop in either St. Louis or Springfield, MO?? I do routine maintenance myself, but if I encounter a real problem, I don't think the local dealer will be much help.

The comment I hear most often is, "Damn, how did they build a coupe that low?"

In summary, the later C4s have adequate power, nice features, reasonable prices and are fun to drive........even if it is hard for an old man to get out of one!! My second childhood is a helluva lot more fun than the first one!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom