Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Acquisition

I get in the car and start her up, and the car welcomes me by name.

-Patrick

You mean it actually says "welcome Simond"?

Remo:cool
LongShotLeft.JPG

Poet Laurette? Why, thanks, Barrett. :)

Stand by on that. I'm in negotiations with my Muse as we speak.

For sheer power, I'd have to say yes: the C5 Z06, now depreciated by a couple of years, will give owners the raw power of the 405 HP LS-6.

But that doesn't take into account the added value the C6 brings in terms of refinement. And then there's the extras like the Nav System, magnetic selective ride control, and the next generation Heads Up Display which doesn't do the "blueing out" effect when the sun is at a particular angle over your shoulder. And I love that you can program the fobs to recognize you- I get in the car and start her up, and the car welcomes me by name.

-Patrick
:wPatrick!, It sounds like you have started a love relationship with your new C-6.:drool: What is her name? ;shrug I would love to meet her, she is beautiful.:beerScott

You mean it actually says "welcome Simond"?

I was thinking more along the lines of "Oh it's you again you Limey B@$t1rd"

:boogie

Are you feelin the love Patrick? :L

She does not welcome me with "Oh, it's you, you Limey Ba$turd." She does not welcome me with "welcome Simond." In fact, she doesn't even welcome with "welcome Simon." ;)

I have programmed both fobs. Fob #1 says my first and last name. Fob #2 says "Bad Patrick"
:D

:wPatrick!, It sounds like you have started a love relationship with your new C-6.:drool: What is her name? ;shrug I would love to meet her, she is beautiful.:beerScott
We're still discussing her name. Personally, I'm partial to 'Vixen."
;)

And we can chalk this one up to Dwayne being jealous that he doesn't own a C6 Roadster. Particularly a black C6 Roadster. We all know how much Dwayne really likes black on Corvettes.
:cool

-Patrick

She does not welcome me with "Oh, it's you, you Limey Ba$turd." She does not welcome me with "welcome Simond." In fact, she doesn't even welcome with "welcome Simon." ;)

I have programmed both fobs. Fob #1 says my first and last name. Fob #2 says "Bad Patrick"
:D

Oh I have GOT to get my hands on one of those when you're not looking! :chuckle

Oh I have GOT to get my hands on one of those when you're not looking! :chuckle

That's just not gonna happen, Bill.

So how many miles have you put on'er so far...how many were on it already when you picked it up?

She had 3,568 miles on the clock when I took delivery. I've only had her four days, so the miles I've added aren't large yet.

:w -Patrick....

Name ... Black Dahla I know Whoopie wouldn't fit for YOU, maybe Laila (Ali) or Venessa (Williams) :drool: .. Black Widow

Nice looking :Steer there young'n :lou

Bud

A Nice First Mod

From RaceMesh Grilles.
Polishedracemeshonblack.jpg

Nice Second Mod

Lower it on the stock bolts. Cost $250 including the four wheel alignment.
DSC_5116_JPG.jpg

Nice ride, Patrick

Verrrry Niice...!:upthumbs

That is one sweet ride. Congratulations. Love the banter going on here, too.;LOL

Good move. Regarding upgrades, I like the mesh grille, think I would pass on the lowering, though. The roads, driveways and general conditions here are not tolerant of low cars. I think I would do the grilles and an exhaust upgrade and just enjoy it. Maybe some wicked black wheels?

As far as license plates, when I got my black Road King Custom I knew I would name it "Pearl". Tried hard to get Pearl, Perla (Spanish), BLK PRL, etc.-no dice (taken). Then I tried BLK ICE and finally was successful with BLK OUT. You could try BLK BTY, or SHADOW. Patrick, you posted that "Color" thread, maybe a plate playing to the "dark side" would be neat (DRKSIDE or DRK SYD?). You can have 7 letters here in CO, 6 on a bike.

At any rate, congrats again on your "upgrade" and open-air experience. Let us know her name (Elvira?). :)

Rick
:gap

I have a 91 vert and it is the 8th convertible I have owned. First Corvette though. I always have a hat in the car, in fact two or three. I have a knit Gatsby/Ben Hogan style that is my favorite, one size fits all and it never blows off. I have over the years lost a few, especially baseball hats. Have never figured out why anyone buys a car with a roof on it. If it ain't a ragtop, its a parts car....

Party Pooper!

Just wait'll next cruisefest and he has one too many creepers.... ;)

I'm sensing a plot in the making. I'll have to be on my toes from now on whenever Bill offers me a beer. ;squint:

From RaceMesh Grilles.

Lower it on the stock bolts. Cost $250 including the four wheel alignment.

Then drive slow over every ramp so you don't drag and watch out for pebbles in the road for front end damage. :boogie

I do appreciate the advice about mods, gentlemen. But I think my priorities will start with an air intake (I'm leaning towards the Veraram) and an exhaust upgrade. To the extent that I make any cosmetic changes, those will happen later.

Verrrry Niice...!:upthumbs

That is one sweet ride. Congratulations. Love the banter going on here, too.;LOL

At any rate, congrats again on your "upgrade" and open-air experience. Let us know her name (Elvira?). :)

Thank you, Rick. That's very nice of you. As for the bantering, that seems to be a natural by-product of letting Bill, Charlie and Dwayne into the discussion. The three of them, bless them, seem preternaturally disposed to ensuring I don't get an inflated ego over my new acquisition. ;)

:w
-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom