Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New belts and harness bar

:eek: Oops! :eek:

Mister supernatural400, boy is my face RED!! (not really ;))

I had to move my seat up and forward today in order to get under it to reach for something I dropped. When I was finished and ready to move the seat back into position, I straightened the belt receiving end (driver's right), and the G-Force harness so that they were arranged nice and neatly.

Well lo and behold, I never had it installed correctly the first time! I must have gained another inch or two in seat travel! Mine was binding at the point where the seat bucket (not the rail) meets the factory belt/harness belt anchor point.

Simply by straightening the harness belt so that is was lying truly flat against the side of the console (in the verticle position), and making sure that the factory plastic anchor/belt cover and the harness anchor were lying as flat together as possible, the seat positioning was much better.

And just when I was getting comfortable with the correct seating position!! :L Now I'm going to to watch myself to keep from re-learning bad seating habits. :L

Sorry that I wasn't able to help you like this earlier, maybe it'll help you now. :L

Ken

I did have it as flat and straight as possible, I going to try dave's advice and move the retaining buckle up closer to the bolster in the seat.Couldn't try that last night, kinda beat from work and didn't want to mess with it. will try to fix it again tonight and see how it goes

well, after several attempts at this I think I finally fixed it so it does not bind so much. I took Daves advice and moved the retainer up closer from the bolster towards the top of the seat and it seems to clear better than it did. I also removed the metal retainer that is inside of the buckle which also gave it some extra room. although it does still seem like a tight fit, at least the seat motors are not straining to move the seat back and forward. What's really weird about this is after all this it looks like the drivers seat is free and clear of binding, but the passenger side still hit a little ( something that I can live with) I checked both sides and the belts are threaded the same way, so I'm not sure why the passenger side is still a little tight while the drivers side is now not hitting. A big thanks to all who helped out and gave advice, especially Dave from R & D who I bothered at home I assume with a couple of phone calls. It's nice to run across one of the few vendors who stand behind there product and are willing to do what it takes to get things right. Dave offered to send different buckles and spacers to try and correct the problem. but I told him I'll try to work with what I have for the time being..Again thanks Dave for your help. And I might take you up on the the Harness bar swap:D

Glad to see you got your problem pretty much solved. I know that even little things like that on my car bug the h**l outta me and I've litterly spent hours making little adjustments until I'm satisfied with the results.:J :J

supernatural400 said:
A big thanks to..., especially Dave from R & D. It's nice to run across one of the few vendors who stand behind their product and are willing to do what it takes to get things right.

:upthumbs I had the same experience with Dave; he helped any way he could when I got my CrossBar and harnesses. :upthumbs

:cool Lookin' forward to meeting him next month. :cool

You should post a review of Dave and the product Supernatural. ;)

Ken

1987 Z51 said:

:upthumbs I had the same experience with Dave; he helped any way he could when I got my CrossBar and harnesses. :upthumbs

:cool Lookin' forward to meeting him next month. :cool

You should post a review of Dave and the product Supernatural. ;)

Ken

I will certainly do that :upthumbs

I think I must have removed and installed the seats at least 10 times, something I now could do in my sleep:L

supernatural400 said:
...I must have removed and installed the seats at least 10 times, something I now could do in my sleep:L

:L I hear ya! :L

Supernatural 400,

Glad to hear things worked out. The General made that area pretty tight, as you found out. Hang on to my number and call anytime.

Whenever your tired of messing around with that other bar, the offer's still good. If you get close to one of our Cross-bars ask the owner if you can grab it. You'll feel the differance immediately. Plus, there's no more hassles of removing the top.

Thanks,
Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom