Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New from New Zealand

R

RexNZ59

Hi from NZ. I found this site a few days ago. If I had known it existed I would have joined years ago. I have a 1975 Steel Blue convertible which I bought in 1997 and poured buckets of money into since. I've spent the last few days just checking the site out and am amazed at the help and support you guys and gals give each other.:thumb I restored my vette in 2000 with the help of 3 books and no one to tell you if you're doing it right or wrong. :W I do have a couple of questions that I'll put on the forum and I know that I'll get some answers back. Once again you guys, thanks for having this website. Here's some pics after the first restore and then a slight incident with our house driveway with no fence, a hill, a few fenced paddocks and then some pics as it is now. We have a Corvette weekend on the 15,16, and 17 Aug and it will be finished. Famous last words.:beer

attachment.php

That is one great looking Shark!!! I love the color!

Welcome to the :CAC !!

:wJane Ann

Wow, Rex- that's absolutely stunning! Thanks for the great pictures.

Welcome to the :CAC

Glad to have you here, and we can't wait to hear stories of your Corvette weekend next month!

:w
-Patrick

Thank you for that. Selena is just about 5 now and as you can see from the edge of the drive, that was the day that the second restore started:duh
Anyway, the wheels are Cragar wires and the spinners are available through Ecklers. I've replaced with Ralley wheels this time around as the amount of time and energy used to keep the steels rustfree and clean was just too much.
Hope that helps and good talking to you.:):)

Hi from NZ. I found this site a few days ago. If I had known it existed I would have joined years ago. I have a 1975 Steel Blue convertible which I bought in 1997 and poured buckets of money into since. I've spent the last few days just checking the site out and am amazed at the help and support you guys and gals give each other.:thumb I restored my vette in 2000 with the help of 3 books and no one to tell you if you're doing it right or wrong. :W I do have a couple of questions that I'll put on the forum and I know that I'll get some answers back. Once again you guys, thanks for having this website. Here's some pics after the first restore and then a slight incident with our house driveway with no fence, a hill, a few fenced paddocks and then some pics as it is now. We have a Corvette weekend on the 15,16, and 17 Aug and it will be finished. Famous last words.:beer

if i never found this site id still be swapping out parts or would have dropped 5k on a new motor by now..... always someone with great advice, even if it seems like a silly question

Thanks for the info, Rex. I've always loved wire rims and those look great on your C3!

Here are a few links which may be useful to you also while you're learning your way around the site...

Site Help and Feedback Forum - this one contains threads regarding photo resizing, photo posting, name changes, Supporting Membership Q&A, managing attachments, etc.

The photo beneath our usernames is called an AVATAR and here's a thread from the Help forum which discusses avatars and the method for setting one up for yourself: Click ME - detailed instructions begin with post #3 in that thread.

If you run into a problem, post a new thread in the Help Forum and myself or another Staff member will be along soon to help.

And in case you haven't found these yet, here are 2 links you may find interesting and helpful!

The CAC Tech Center

The CAC Model Center

Enjoy the forums and that fine looking Shark!

Welcome to the CAC, Kiwi!

Love the pic of Selena helping... Need to get mine trained up quick.. ;LOL

:w
-Stefan

Thanks for the info, Rex. I've always loved wire rims and those look great on your C3!

Here are a few links which may be useful to you also while you're learning your way around the site...

Site Help and Feedback Forum - this one contains threads regarding photo resizing, photo posting, name changes, Supporting Membership Q&A, managing attachments, etc.

The photo beneath our usernames is called an AVATAR and here's a thread from the Help forum which discusses avatars and the method for setting one up for yourself: Click ME - detailed instructions begin with post #3 in that thread.

If you run into a problem, post a new thread in the Help Forum and myself or another Staff member will be along soon to help.

And in case you haven't found these yet, here are 2 links you may find interesting and helpful!

The CAC Tech Center

The CAC Model Center

Enjoy the forums and that fine looking Shark!
Hi Jane Ann sorry to put you wrong on those rims.... I had a set of Cragars that didn't fit ( wrong offset) these are TruSpokes... Changed over to Ralley Wheels due to them being slightly easier to clean also the steels tended to rust a bit...;) Anyway have a great day..:thumb:thumb

Awesome looking pictures, the shark looks awesome and your daughter with the bucket made the picture even better. I am assuming she is spoiled rotten.

Again welcome and stay in touch, the country there looks beatiful as well.

Bill

welcome to CAC!!!!:welcome
enjoy!!!!

Welcome to the CAC; glad you found the site. Don't forget, you also have knowledge that you can impart to us, so don't be shy.
Barrett

Welcome RexNZ59! Great to have somebody from "down under" :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom