Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Guy from Big Sky Country

L82 Shark

Corvette
1979 Red L-82
I am very happy to be introducing myself as a new member. Owning a Corvette has always been a dream of mine and my wife ever since I helped my brother start his Corvette repair shop in 1988. Back on 9-11 of this year we purchased our car on E-Bay from a place in Florida. We recieved it one month later and we were able to do 3 quick trips before the weather closed in. This car is all original and number matching.

This is a small town but the last trip was a blast and we are both hooked. Three couples got together with our 3 C-3 Vettes and went on a 150 mile trip through the mountains and then stopped at Dave Smith Motors to kind of show off, I guess, and get the price of new Vetts and decided that what we have is great.

:upthumbs

Back at the beginning I said that I was happy to be introducing myself. The reason is back on March 19 I had a heart attack and my dear sweet wife and daughter did CPR on me for 25 minutes till the ambulance got to our place. They used the AED then and I ended with one stint. I am glad that they both are EMT's and I am now an ambulance driver. Anyway, we decided that you definately can't take your money with you when your time is up so we bought a Vette and are having a blast. I got a little long winded so I will say bye for now.

:beer

Welcome to the CAC, you'll love it here. The color of your C3 is perfect IMHO, but I am biased. Thank the good Lord that you recovered and thanks to your wonderful family for doing the CPR. I know that when I get certified annually for CPR, the instructors tell me that CPR must be applied within minutes to save the patient. You were twice blessed, instant response and successful response. Glad you are with us and stay healthy and enjoy the corvette. They make life worth living.
Barrett

Welcome to CAC! You're lucky that you and your wife can enjoy the car together. And I completely agree with you: you can't take it with you.

Good luck and enjoy the drive!

My wife says it pays to sleep with an EMT. Also I need to add that our black lab is the one who woke her up to my problem of not breathing.

Welcome, L82 Shark:)

:welcome

Welcome to you and your family!! Wonderful introduction story, Mike! Glad you've joined and happy to hear about your new views on life!

Here are a couple of links you may find interesting:

The Tech Center puts a wealth of information at your fingertips.

The Model Center 1979 page is specific info regarding your model year.

Enjoy!
:wJane Ann

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center and to the World of Corvettes! You'll love it all. We're happy to hear that you're doing well.

Elaine

welcome to CAC!!!!:welcome

glad to hear you are doing well!!!!!!

enjoy!!

Whoa, what a story!
We're glad to have you with us, in more ways than one.

Tammy

Welcome to the :CAC L82 Shark.

Great story, you are truly Blessed.

Enjoy that Shark.

:welcomeL82Shark, I have the utmost admiration and thankfulness to our EMT's they made numerous trips to my house when I was taking care of my wife. She was a very sick lady for about 2 1/2 years, but due to their professionalism they would pull her through, and she would be back home so I could aggravate her some more:chuckle. God blesses you all.

Hey John, how's the knee?:hijack

Hi Scotty,

Well, they haven't cut it off . . . yet. LOL

The Dr. pulled 5 "floating chunks" out of my knee. One was wedged in the joint, that's why I couldn't straighten out my leg. I can walk now (slowly), but the Dr. says I need a knee replacement badly. I just hope this surgery will get me down the road another year or two before I have to have the whole thing replaced.

I am truly Blessed by God and Family and Friends.

Are you back in IL now, or are still at your son's?

See ya later,

Hecox

Thank you for all of the wonderfull comments. We are really looking forward to the next driving season. We did not get to go much this year but that will not be the case next year no matter how much gas costs!!!!!!!!

I must say that the road trip we took thru the mountains was a blast. The wife was impressed with the heater and how the seats made you just want to fall asleep. It was fun watching our three vettes snake around the corners and I can't wait to go again but right now it is snowing!!!!!!!!!

One quick question. How do you get the little icons to come up for use after you have done the initial post and just do quick replies?

...One quick question. How do you get the little icons to come up for use after you have done the initial post and just do quick replies?

When using the Quick Reply button, the only way to insert the smilies is to type the "code" used for that smiley... that is a colon : immediately followed by a close parenthesis ) symbol looks like this :) when you hit the submit button.

Beneath the text box on the Quick Reply page you have the option to "Go advanced," which takes you to the Thread reply page, giving you access to the smiley list.

I never use Quick Reply. It's simpler just to hit the Post Reply button and have all the options available.

:wJane Ann

Thanks Jane Ann for all of your help. I never noticed that button. I will get the hang of this with everones help, maybe.
;shrug

Nice to see another Vette guy in this state. Hopefully I'll see ya at next years Cruise to the Big Sky. I'm thinking a drive up in your area this coming summer would be kind of fun.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom