Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New guy

BigT

Corvette
96 LT1 CE Sebring Silver with Black interior
Hi everyone I just joined today. I don't have a Corvette yet but I'm looking. I have a Harley that I am selling to buy a Vette. I have wanted a Vette since in was a teenager in the early 70s. I just turned 55 last month and decided its time to get one. My budget is limited so my goal is to get a 96 LT4.

Thanks,
Tom

Welcome to the CAC BigT!!

It's very exciting looking for that first Vette, the car you've dreamed about for years; I know because I waited til I was in my 40's for my first one!

Here are some links which may assist you in your search and help you decide what to look for:

CAC | Tech Center

CAC | Tech Center | Model Center

CAC | Tech Center | Buying A Corvette

CAC | Forums Index

The "Buying..." page includes an extensive checklist which can be printed and carried along when shopping.

Be sure to post questions or requests for advice in the appropriate forums (arranged by generation) because we've got some great members and knowledgeable owners/enthusiasts here that love to help.

Good luck!
:wJane Ann

Welcome to the Forum Tom. :w You are never too young or old to buy a Corvette. Hope you find yours with the "Right" color.

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy and Good luck!

Thanks for the welcome. I have found a Torch Red 96 LT4 with the beige interior that is pretty much loaded with less than 50,000 miles on it. Now if I can just sell this Harley before the LT4 gets away from me.

T

Welcome Aboard. . . . . . . .

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER BigT

Bill :w

Thanks for the welcome. I have found a Torch Red 96 LT4 with the beige interior that is pretty much loaded with less than 50,000 miles on it. Now if I can just sell this Harley before the LT4 gets away from me.

T

How much are you wanting out of the HD?

welcome to the cac...........................Billy:upthumbs:upthumbs:upthumbs

I'm going to look at a 94 Black Rose Metallic coupe on Saturday. It's an automatic with a black interior but it is still owned by the original owner and has between 60 & 70k on it. The price is very good if it is as good as it sounds. Two members of a local Corvette club said it is a good car so I'll see on Saturday.

Thanks,
Tom

Welcome to CAC, I just turned 52 and bought my first Corvette 2 weeks ago, a 68 4-speed coupe. Good luck in your search!!

I'm going to look at a 94 Black Rose Metallic coupe on Saturday. It's an automatic with a black interior but it is still owned by the original owner and has between 60 & 70k on it. The price is very good if it is as good as it sounds. Two members of a local Corvette club said it is a good car so I'll see on Saturday.

Thanks,
Tom

Love that Black Rose!!! You won't see many of those around. Let us know how the car is and what you decide to do.

By the way, welcome!

Elaine

Welcome to CAC.....the hunt is half the fun. I don't think you could go wrong with either car, but there are lots of them out there. I loved my 94, even with the auto trans.

Keep us informed of your search. :happyanim:

I went to a local show on Saturday and there were 3 torch red C4s there and for a show with less than 50 cars total that was a lot. I am defiantly leaning towards the 94 black rose because it will not be a daily driver more of a play/car show toy so I want something that will be different than the other C4s. The forecast is for rain on Saturday but I'm going anyway. I know the car is in a garage plus it is only about a 45 minute drive. I'm getting anxious to get one even though I know I will spend weeks cleaning and shinning to get it up to my standards for car shows.

T

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Welcome aboard, stay in tune and updated with the latest and greatest on the "All American Sports Car - The Corvette" :thumb

Due to my daughter going to a prom on Saturday I wasn't able to go see the Black Rose 94. I did spend some time on the phone with the owner. On Sunday he was not available so I will have to wait until this weekend and try again. I found out that it is all original and has 70,000 miles on it. I am concerned that all the normal wear items will be due for replacement shortly after I get it. What I am worried about is tires, brakes, rotors, hoses, belts, shocks, plugs, wires and maybe water pump and/or optispark. I can do most of this myself but even then it would well over $1000.00. I understand that everything will need maintenance but I would like to enjoy a new toy and not spend the whole summer worrying and replacing. Am I right to be concerned? Are these normal items at 70,000 miles?

T

Don't think I'd worry about those items. Ask for maintenance records, most owner/enthusiasts keep pretty good track of what they do.

I bought my 94 with 96K on the clock, but they supplied maintenance records to way back (don't remember how far, but within a year or so of new). I changed out plugs and wires, because I wanted to. And I swapped tires because 1. I'm not a fan of Goodyear 2. They were noisy as heck 3. alignment had been off and chewed the inside fronts some.

Personally, I would not worry about those things too much.

I understand that everything will need maintenance but I would like to enjoy a new toy and not spend the whole summer worrying and replacing. Am I right to be concerned? Are these normal items at 70,000 miles?

It is what it is and worring doesn't change anything :ugh just maybe some of the things you are thinking about has already been done :) Just enjoy working on it and driving it with pride that you've given it new life as all Corvettes deserve :happyanim:

I hope to get answers to my questions this weekend. I plan to go see the black rose 94 coupe with an auto. I still want to go check out the torch red 96 LT4 coupe with a 6 speed too. I would really prefer a LT4 and a 6 speed.

T

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom