Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Lift has Arrived!!

Subfixer

Corvette
1964 White Roadster
New lift is here!!!

If you are a DIYer and want to assemble a lift by yourself, here's some extra tools you will need:

A real help to get it off the truck and move it around. It weighs 1450 lbs.
(The truck driver was really relieved to see it.)

P1020061.jpg

And one of these:
(That particular runway is 400lbs!!)

P1020062.jpg

And by the end of the day, this is the result:

P1020065.jpg

Took me about 6 hrs total to get it assembled. With the proper tools, I didn't even break a sweat. :smash:

Great Job. What do you think the total height to the top of the Corvette is when it is up and locked?

Great Job. What do you think the total height to the top of the Corvette is when it is up and locked?

The ceiling is 11ft, and in the pic, the car is up on the second from the top lock. It will go one lock higher and the car still fits, so I would guess about 10'6".

Subfixer,

That's great news. Six hours! You sure got on the job quick. :upthumbs

P.S. Thanks for the forklift idea. The building supply yard down the road has a large one, and I bet they'd send someone down to unload when my lift arrives.

It would be great to see some closeup photos of various components, like the casters and controls, etc.
:beer

As requested, here are some more details:

This is the control unit which has the motor, pump and hydraulic oil reservoir (uses 3 Gallons):

controlunit.jpg

The button just under the warning label is the "Up" control. It turns on the motor, pumping oil into the piston, which in turn pulls the cables, raising the lift.
The lever below the "Up" button is the "Down" control. It bleeds off the hydraulic fluid from the piston. Lowering is done by gravity.

UpDown.jpg

The lever at the front of the lift near the Control Unit is the Lock Release.

Lock.jpg

This is the Piston and cables under the driver's side ramp. The piston retracts to raise the lift.

Piston.jpg

This is just another view from outside the garage. Both the wife's Z3 and my R32 go in the empty bay under the lift.

Wideview.jpg

Don't have any photos or the Caster Kit yet as it is still back-ordered.

What's Make and model of lift??

Thank you:)

New lift is here!!!

If you are a DIYer and want to assemble a lift by yourself, here's some extra tools you will need:

A real help to get it off the truck and move it around. It weighs 1450 lbs.
(The truck driver was really relieved to see it.)

P1020061.jpg

And one of these:
(That particular runway is 400lbs!!)

P1020062.jpg

And by the end of the day, this is the result:

P1020065.jpg

Took me about 6 hrs total to get it assembled. With the proper tools, I didn't even break a sweat. :smash:

The truth, Paul. Were you at all nervous the first time you raised the car? I know I would be, no matter which manufacturer. :eek:hnoes

;)

I went Very slowly....... Up to the first click, back down...Up to the second click, back down...... did that all the way up.....

Lift

I've had a similar lift for a few years and just love it. There are a couple of mods that I made that you might consider:
1. I was concerned about accidentally damaging the connection where the hydraulic hose goes through the runway to the cylinder so I drilled a couple of holes 3/4" above and 1" to either side of the connection and put in a pair of 3" long 5/16" bolts and nutted them front and back so that if someone accidentally stepped there while the lift was down the load would be on the bolts instead of the hose connection.
2. If your lift is like mine, when you raise it with the castor kit on it, the caster brackets hang straight down and it's a pain (really a 2 person job) to get them realigned with the posts when you lower it. I located 4 bolts through the front and back rails so that they allow the caster brackets to swing free of the posts but don't swing down all the way. That way, when you lower the lift, the caster brackets align themselves.
I hope both of these mods are being explained clearly enough, otherwise I can take some pic's and post them.

Lusox

I put my truck on the lift to test for the first time. I also sprayed the sliders with Krown
rust spray. Helps them slide. Looks great wish I had a large garadge.

I'm jealous!

I have been looking at lifts, but in order to put one in the garage I need to change the way my garage door goes up. I need an extended head room kit to get the door up higher.

tom,
I dont know if this helps but I back my cars in on the lift and let the garage door open above the hood. When its fully open, its up against then windshield. Works for me..
Good luck..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom