Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 New LT4 CE owner in UK

1996 LT4 Topic
L

LT4_UK

Hello everyone.

I Just picked my car up today. My 4th C4. In the past I have owned an 84 auto coupe, 93 LT1, and a 90 6-speed Callaway Twin Turbo.

I must say I am a little surprised at the performance difference over the LT1 I owned. The exhaust note sounds similar but this seems a lot quicker.

It isn't mint but is in pretty good conditrion. However there isn't a lot of choice here. The owner thought it may be the only 96 Collector Edition coupe over here with the LT-4 option

It also has Z51 though the ride isn't too bad.

Malc

Attachments

• 09102010(001).jpg
    09102010(001).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 171
Hello everyone.

I Just picked my car up today. My 4th C4. In the past I have owned an 84 auto coupe, 93 LT1, and a 90 6-speed Callaway Twin Turbo.

I must say I am a little surprised at the performance difference over the LT1 I owned. The exhaust note sounds similar but this seems a lot quicker.

It isn't mint but is in pretty good conditrion. However there isn't a lot of choice here. The owner thought it may be the only 96 Collector Edition coupe over here with the LT-4 option

Malc

Nice looking ride, I can't say enough good about the LT4, you'll love it as you will the ZF six speed.

Hello everyone.

Malc

Welcome to the CAC Malc.

Certainly, you've gotta have the only 96 CE w. Z51 over there.

As for the car seeming quicker...you didn't say how your LT1 was equipped but if it was a base automatic, a manual, even with the same engine will be quicker, but you also have 30 more rated (and real world more like 45) more horsepower than an LT1.

Thanks for your replies

And thanks Hib for your affirmation of the rarity of my car!

I own a 2005 Mustang GT but didn't attempt selling it before I looked at this CE. When I saw the ad I knew it was my kind of car.

My last Corvette was my Callaway that I sold about 6 years ago but sitting in this C4 was like being home again, such is the familiarity of the feeling of sitting in the driver's seat.

First job when I got it home yesterday was to get tightening all those loose screws. I don't think the previous owner realised how much of Corvette ownership involves tightening all the interior screws every so often! The panel at the rear of the hatch was completely loose.

I found some black screws that had slightly larger heads to hold the rear plastic trim parts in place, put some foam in strategic areas by the hatch release and replaced a couple of missing screws. The hatch area probably has lost about 90% of its rattles already!

I am going to get some sound deadening material and employ some of the tricks used on my previous Corvettes to reduce more of the squeaks and rattles and will try reducing the tire pressures down from the current 35psi to 30.

I know I won't get rid of all the rattles but I will improve it further.

Will get a full service asap. The oil is pretty clean but I'll still change it by next weekend. Car has full history of always being filled with Mobil 1.

Not sure if I'm going to keep my Mustang as well but I sure am liking my CE!

Malc

P.S. Hib, my LT1 was automatic with something like a 2.59;1 rear end...

Welcome aboard!

-Mac

Congrats !:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom