Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 New LT4 owner - tips on starting line techniques

1996 LT4 Topic

Mark Oliverio

Corvette
96 Arctic White LT4 coupe
Just purchased my first corvette and planning and autocrossing it next weekend. The car is totally stock. I've only had it a few months and have never had the opportunity to do a hard launch. I've autocrossed for years, but never with this much power.

Suggestions on what RPM seems to work best would be greatly appreciated. Any other tips would be welcome!

Man, I love this car!

Mark

You don't need a "hard start" for most autox. The start "lights" are 50 - 100 ft in front of where you get the green flag.

The fastest guy I saw at my last autox (89 Vette ) in A/Stock was not doing a burn out to get going.

froggy47 said:
You don't need a "hard start" for most autox. The start "lights" are 50 - 100 ft in front of where you get the green flag.

That pretty musch sums it up.

Forgot to mention that it's gonna be a mirrorkana. Thats why I'm a little concerned about the start. Don't want to just sit there and smoke the tires.

My LT4 likes 3000 rpm, dump the clutch (well ride it a little) & I'm off. That's with GY GSC's results may vary.:Steer

Mark,

See my reply in C4 tech or my "launching for dummies" in Drag race section.

When I autocross, I don't do a burn out but it pays to have the tires stuck. Try at least 1600 rpm on dry pavement with stock tires. Not 3000. If it bogs, (momentary pause) try a little more rpm. If it won't stick, try less rpm.

fx gs,

Ya I know, they came w/ the car when I bought it. 4 new. Just wearin em out.

Thanks anyway for the flame.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom