Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Member from FL - back in a Vette after 10 years!

L

LT1 Lisa

I found your great site after doing a Google search for some C5 info.

My husband and I purchased a 1998 Torch Red 6 speed convertible on June 15th. A little backstory: I purchased my first Corvette back in 1984 - Red 1980 L48 with a 4 speed. I sold that one in 1989 only because my husband told me I could look for a mid year Vette as long as I sold the 1980 first. We then purchased a 1965 Glen Green L79 convertible with both tops. Amazing car - original engine and lots of documentation. We showed the car for three years before we started a family. We kept the '65 until 2001 when we sold it so that I could be a stay at home Mom to our daughter and son. I never regretted selling the car, but I always hoped I could get into another Vette before I was too old to enjoy it.

Since a Vette was not practical while raising our kids, I did manage to have some fun cars in the interim two of which we still own. One is a Dark Grey Green Metallic 1996 Impala SS and the other is a 1997 30th Anniversary 6 speed Z28 Camaro. That's where the LT1 Lisa name comes from although now that I own an LS1 I suppose I could change that.

In case you're wondering, I'm the gearhead in the family. My husband could care less about what he drives so long as it runs well and has ice cold A/C. I have, unfortunately, passed my car obsession on to both our offspring.

I want to thank you for having this great site available to all. It was particularly helpful to me while I was looking for our car since I'd been away from the hobby for a while. I will post some pics of our newest Vette the next time our daughter is home from college since it takes her half the time it takes me to do it.:w

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!!
:welcome

Welcome, Lisa!!! So glad to hear about another female Corvette lover! :upthumbs

Elaine

Welcome, Lisa!!! So glad to hear about another female Corvette lover! :upthumbs

Elaine
What Elaine said! Glad to have another female Corvette enthusiast!
Welcome back to the fold!!!

:wJane Ann

Welcome to the Forum Lisa. :w

Welcome Aboard. . . . . . . .

Welcome to Corvette Action Center LT1 Lisa, glad you found us :happyanim:we do like pictures if and when you get the chance to post them.

Bill :w

Welcome to our humble forum.:w:w:w

Welcome to CAC Lisa, my wife is also a gearhead but like you husband the Hotrod better have AC!!!!:thumb

AC is good I'm down with that, esspecially with the 90+ degree weather we've been having here in the mid-west :cool!:

Nothing much hotter than a black Corvette without AC anyway and most esspecially driving in town.

Bill :w

Testing out my new signature. Pics included thanks to my daughter!

welcome

welcome to the cac. nce looking vette, good luck and safe driving....................................billy:cool!::cool!::cool!:

I like it Lisa...a very beautiful car. I also just got back into Corvettes after many years without. Enjoy it.

Randy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom