Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New member from Ohio

B

blazer427X3

Hi all !

I'm a new member to this forum and a long time Vette lover. I'm actually in the market for my next one (it will be my 5th) and I'm sure I will be spending time in the other sections of this website getting info to make a final decision. Right now I am trying to decide whether to go for an 04 Z06 or a nicely optioned 05 coupe.

My first Corvette was a 69 350/350 4spd. coupe ... I bought it as a bank repo when I was in college in the early 1980's. That poor car had a rough life before I came across it, and during the time I owned it. I street raced it for grocery money during those days. Although I participated in that illegal activity please don't mistake that statement as being an endorsement of it. Originally Cortez Silver it had a fairly recent RED paint job on it. I can remember that as a perpetually cash strapped student if I had ten bucks in my pocket it seemed to break something that cost twenty. Every quirk associated with the 69's .... mine had. From wiper doors that closed on the arms, leaky calipers, non-working tach and speedo issues, leaky drains behind the back window, slow headlight doors, vacum leaks, half-shaft problems, clunking positraction clutches, leaking heater core ... you name it, that car did it. The best thing is that I learned a lot about cars during the time I owned it and became very familiar with my tool box. Probably the most costly repair ever on that car was a broken cluster gear from one too many speed shifts !:D

After selling the car and going off the deep end after college (also known as "The Mopar Phase"), I came back to the fold. My next one was also a 69 but this one was a real beauty and mostly all original. It was a Can-Am White/Bright Blue interior coupe with a 427/400, 4spd. It was loaded with a/c, power everything, am-fm stereo, factory alarm and only 67,000 original miles. My ex wife and I drove away from the church in it on our wedding day. I got interested in collecting and then a couple years later bought a 66 427/425 4 spd. coupe, Rally Red with a black interior and factory radio delete. It was a bit rough and the previous owner had lost interest in the restoration when I got it. Sad thing about that one is that I never got a chance to drive it or finish the resto. About that same time, my daily driver was an 88 35th Anniversary Coupe that I went out to Arizona to find. It had 19,000 miles on it when I found it and I will never forget the drive across the Arizona and New Mexico desert on the trip back to Ohio. If you noticed the part about ex when I mentioned a wife ... well funny thing about divorces is that you often have to liquidate assets and toys as part of the split. Thats what happened to the 66, 69 and 88 mentioned above. Whoever got my white 69 coupe, I hope you're treating her well, she sure deserves it. I still have dreams about that car, oh well ...

So here I am after a 13 year break from Corvetting, posting in this forum and scanning Ebay and the classifieds as I count the days until the spring. I will be looking at the appropriate forum sections here as part of my research and I of course would welcome any input from anyone who has experience with the C5/C6's.

Thanks !

B

Welcome from Toledo.. What part of Ohio are you from ?
You'll really enjoy this forum and if your in the market for an original 68 400hp vert. let me know.
Jim

Thanks very much for the welcome jrose and Jims. I am in the Columbus area, Dublin to be more specific. I used to know a Jim with a last name that started with S ... by any chance did you once own a Sunfire Yellow 67 coupe, L68 ?

Welcome back to the fold, blazer... and welcome to the :CAC !!

Lots of folks here will enjoy following along with your posts/reports as you shop and look around.

I'm certain you know plenty about Corvettes, but I'll include a link to our handy dandy checklist anyway. Hey, it couldn't hurt!

Corvette Action Center | Tech Center | Buying a Corvette

Good luck and enjoy the hunt!
:wJane Ann

welcome to CAC!!!!:welcome
enjoy!!

Welcome ,Intreasting read.My first was a 69 also and not only a true love but also a money pit.
Keep in mind on your newer vett search that there are a lot of unsold 2008's .I picked mine up on ebay for $25,000 under MSRP.It's a buyers market ,good luck.

Welcome to the cac, I'm partial to C5's, get the newest C5 with the least miles and best taken of if possible. they are wonderful machines..............................................Billy

Welcome to the CAC. :w Good luck on your search.

Welcome Aboard. . . . . . . .

Welcome to Corvette Action Center blazer427X3 we are glad you've joined us! Bar none the best web site around for Corvettes; the staff is great and the members are second to none :thumb Won't be long here in the mid-west we can take the covers off and get our babies out on the open road again and let them stretch, it's been a long winter:W

Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom