Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New member from the Netherlands

C6NL

Corvette
2005 Precision Red
Hi everyone,

My name is Fred and I'm from the Netherlands. I own a 2005 Precision Red manual C6, one of only a few Precision Red's that made it to Europe. I'm a car enthusiast and the Corvette has been a dreamcar for years. Unfortunately huge taxes on cars have prevented me from getting my dreamcar earlyer. The base model costs 120.000 euros over here and with the current transfer rate that is roughly 160.000 dollars, so you can imagine that I'm very happy with my 2005 Corvette. I bought the car from a German owner who was also an Corvette enthusiast. All cars sold in Europe have the HUD and the Z51 option as standard, cruising the German Autobahn at full speed is a joy. Before I bought this car I used to have a TVR Griffith, a small English sports car with a 4.3 liter V8, that we drove to Italy many times for our driving holidays, mountain passes galore. I love the grunt of the huge V8 and the great handling of the C6, it makes racing up those Italian mountains a lot of fun. Roads like the Stelvio, Timmelsjoch and others are the best fun you can have in a car, I can't stop smiling when we are on holiday.

So this is a bit about me, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Fred

My C6
CorvetteC6.jpg

TVR Griffith
Zandvoort.jpg

IMG_0336Medium.jpg

IMG_0341Medium.jpg

:welcome

Outstanding pics, Fred! Come the summer, I'm sure you'll really enjoy doing those roads in your C6.

I'm going to have see if I can find the YouTube links for the episode of Top Gear where they went looking over Continental Europe for the 'perfect' highway, and see if you're familiar with them.

Outstanding pics, Fred! Come the summer, I'm sure you'll really enjoy doing those roads in your C6.

I'm going to have see if I can find the YouTube links for the episode of Top Gear where they went looking over Continental Europe for the 'perfect' highway, and see if you're familiar with them.

I have it on DVD, and yes, we drove them all and many more. The C6 is a perfect traveling companion, loads of room for your stuff and the power to make you smile. Have a look at these videos:

Petrolhead Nirvana Alpine Assault 2009

Driving through tunnels is AWESOME when you have a nice exhaust. I don't have headers but the sportsexhaust I have makes you smile in the tunnels.

Can't wait for the next summer !

C6NL,

Another warm welcome to the Corvette Action Center! I know it's very exciting to drive some of the European super-highways in a Corvette, and the C6 is a great car for that kind of driving. :)

Elaine

Hi Fred and welcome to the :CAC !! Outstanding photos!! Thank you for sharing them!

I can't wait to see the same shots with your Corvette in them. The Precision Red is a beautiful color and I commend you on your taste and good fortune in acquiring one.

:wJane Ann

Congradulations on finding the best Corvette site on the web!!!:beer

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!!!!

Welcome to the CAC Fred!

Another Dutch Man.. The more U-R-A-Peon's the merrier.. :chuckle :thumb

Maybe we'll meet one of these days on a get together.

:w
-Stefan

:welcome Come back often. It's a great place to share stories and get great info on the ride of a lifetime!

Hi Fred

CAC made it possible for me to own Corvettes in Euroland. I am back in the states for a while but my '90 hotrod is tucked away in Europe waiting for me.

You will get lots of good info here and save tons of Euros thanks to all of the free expert advice.

The best GM wrench in Europe is Frankie at Frankie's Garage in Germany. Tell him I sent you.

With any luck we can meet for a drink when I get back to your side of the pond.:beer

Hello there Fred and welcome to Corvette Action Center; glad you've decided to join the best Corvette group on the planet.

Now you are one of us!
Bill

Welcommen

in whatever language that was close to, the meaning shines thru.

Is the Corvette community close and small in ND? I would like to contact another enthusiast who had a blue, race-close C4; having a question for him.

Mike :w

in whatever language that was close to, the meaning shines thru.

Is the Corvette community close and small in ND? I would like to contact another enthusiast who had a blue, race-close C4; having a question for him.

Mike :w
There are not that many Corvette's in the Netherlands, maybe I could locate him for you via our Dutch forum. Do you have any detail about the person or car you are trying to find, and maybe why you are seeking contact.

Fred

Welcome Fred. Consider joining us for an event in the States if you can make it. There was a large contingent of Corvette drivers from the Netherlands at the Corvettes at Carlisle show last year.

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Forum Fred. :w
Great photos. I would love to drive some of your roads.

Fred, Welcome to CAC. Those roads look like lots of fun to drive. Great pictures. Please check in often.

Fred, Welcome to CAC. Those roads look like lots of fun to drive. Great pictures. Please check in often.
I have a few more photos of my adventures on the Zolder racetrack in Belgium. Just for fun, I'm not a race driver :D

Corvette

Fred

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom