Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Member in Port Arthur, Texas

AttyVette

Corvette
1982 Charcoal/Silver Coupe
Yes, where we live just got hit by Hurricane Ike on Sept. 13 this year, (along with many other cities/towns on the Gulf Coast), Hurricane Rita hit our area as a category three storm three years ago on Sept. 24, 2005, and Hurricane Humberto hit Port Arthur last year and Tropical Storm Edouard hit our town about a month ago.....We had a mandatory evacuation in our county when Hurricane Gustav was approaching our coast and thankfully, that particular hurricane did not hit us but Ike sure did hit us only two weeks later! This is getting really old as evacuating from our home is not fun at all. ;shrugWe were able to return home last Sunday from the hotel we were staying at in Meridian, Mississippi after power was restored to our home in Pt. Arthur, Tx. The return home was bitter sweet, however, because our home was okay overall as is our 1982 Charcoal/Silver Corvette parked inside of our garage. However, we are one of the lucky ones as there as many people in Bridge City, Sabine Pass area of Port Arthur, Bolivar/Galveston, High Island, Orange, Texas, etc. who have literally lost everything they owned to Hurricane Ike's flood waters! I rejoice in our good fortune but I am saddened by other people's losses. Please, those of your so inclinded to do so, pray for everyone hurting from this devastating hurricane on the Gulf Coast.

By the way, I found your Corvette forum while searching the internet in Mississippi for information about Corvettes to occupy my mind while we were forced to live elsewhere because of the mandatory evacaution. For those of your wondering why I did not drive my Corvette out of Jefferson County when the mandatory evacuation was called for, well, it was because as I was working at my job in the Houston area when our local county officials called for the evacuation of Port Arthur. Thus, I was not allowed back into our county to get my Corvette out of our garage and drive it out of town so I had to leave it in our garage when Hurricane Ike approached the Gulf Coast.

Welcome to the :CAC !!

Glad to hear you fared well in all the storms and especially the Vette is A-OK!

It's called "survivor guilt" and I had plenty of experience in that area 3 years ago when Katrina destroyed something like 60-70 % of the homes of my fellow Coastal Mississippians while all I suffered was roof damage and loss of timber.

Keep your chin up and do what you can for your neighbors that are hurting. It helps.

Enjoy the forums!
:wJane Ann

Continued good luck AttyVette, I can relate to being evacuated, our area is prone to flooding, it's the tributaries first, then the Susquehanna River, I've moved my Vette's and anything else we coukl carry to higher ground a few times. In 1972 the river came over, I was in the Army and I do not have a photograph of anything before 1972. Nothing. You can replace most anything else, school pic's, yearbooks, electric trains all went in the water. It's a real mess and it was the lowest I've felt in my life, but you suck it up and carry on, again, Good luck to you and anyone else that has to endure that kind of situation. Joe

welcome to CAC!!!:welcome
enjoy!!!!!!1

Welcome aboard, and sorry to hear about your storm woes.

Tammy

Welcome to the CAC. I'm glad everything is OK with you.

Welcome aboard!!!!!!

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER, glad to hear you and your family fared pretty well under the circumstances, our heart went out to the ones that were in the path of such things as IKE and we prayed for your safety. As much as I love my Corvette it can not compare to a life as I am sure we all agree, but in the end we are glad to hear you and your Vette survived!

Bill:w

Welcome

Welcome to CAC AttyVette. Glad you've joined us. I agree with JaneAnn in that helping others to get back on their feet will go a long way to helping everyone (including you) get past this ordeal. Again, welcome to CAC.:w

Dennis

Thank all of you for the wonderful welcome and your kind words of encouragement too. I got an email just today saying that there are members of our local Tri-City Corvette club that lost all their possessions and their Corvettes too. I know they are grateful to have their lives but I am sure that it is still hard on them to lose their possessions too. Please continue to pray for all those affected by this latest hurricane.

Welcome to the CAC AttyVette. :w Best wishes to you and all your family and neighbors. Hopefully, you will be able to help others and get back to a normal life. Good Luck.

Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom