Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Member - looking to get educated

G

Grego

Hi everyone. I'm looking to purchase my first Vette. I've always loved them from afar. Probably something in the 2002-2004 range. But first I need to get educated on the different models. Any suggested links, or can anyone summarize for me?

Also, I'll probably come down from Canada to purchase one in California-likely privately rather than a dealership. Can anyone suggest any good U.S. used car websites for private sales?

Thanks for the help.

Greg

Greg,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!! You're sure to find all the information you need in your research.

You might want to check out Corvette Mike in Anaheim (www.corvettemike.com) or, better yet, at my location in MA!! ;) (www.corvettemikenewengland.com).

Elaine

Hi everyone. I'm looking to purchase my first Vette. I've always loved them from afar. Probably something in the 2002-2004 range. But first I need to get educated on the different models. Any suggested links, or can anyone summarize for me?

Also, I'll probably come down from Canada to purchase one in California-likely privately rather than a dealership. Can anyone suggest any good U.S. used car websites for private sales?

Thanks for the help.

Greg

Hi Grego! :w My recommendation: C5s are the best! ;)

Also check out autotrader.com. If you want to go a tiny bit further (we're 2 hrs. from Sacramento), there are lots of great deals here in Northern Nevada, especially this time of year - gas is at an all-time high and with winter coming on, a lot of faint hearted 'Vette neophytes are dumping theirs.

Hi, Grego,
Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Your post indicated that you wanted to learn about the various models of Corvette offered in the early 2000s. The short answer to this is that there are three:

Coupe, Convertible and Z06 (the fixed roof coupe).

The CAC's model center has information specific to each year you were enquiring, including links to the model gallery. Take a look and see if this helps answer any questions.

Good luck with your search!

:w
-Patrick

Welcome aboard :)

Welcome!
Anything in the 2002-04 range would probably make you very happy.

Good luck with your search!

Tammy

Thanks everyone

I have contracted to purchase a 2003 6 speed with 7700 miles for $34,500.

I think you will be very happy with that car. I have used my 2002 Z06 as a daily driver for three years. Congratulations!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom