Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Member - Texas

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER Chieftam

Bill :w

Welcome to the :CAC and congrats on your white 06! Glad you found us.

:w
Guy

Welcome from another Texan as well. Houston to be specific. Don't forget to :w

Thanks for all the words of welcome. I have enjoyed this site and the assistance. I also have enjoyed the car in the short time I have had it. Had the opportunity to drive it to Wisconsin over the weekend to watch my son play football in Iowa, what a great car! I drove the 1000 miles back in one stretch on Sunday in 13.5 hours. I never got uncomfortable and the power and ride were fantastic. Even got over 27 mpg! The new C6 really makes a great road car. And to think, we bought the wife a Toyota Rav4 for an economy car, and the C6 does better! Nice to now say that our economy car is a Vette!

Todd, back in Texas

Wow, that's average speed of 74.07mph, how many times were you pulled over? How'd your son do in his game, will we be reading about him anytime soon.

Didn't get pulled over at all, the average time included 3 gas stops and a couple of potty breaks, driving in the rain for the first 400 miles and going through several small towns and big cities....so, I guess I made good time.
Son played a good game, junior in H.S. and is the halfback, strong safety, punter and kicker. They won this game 2-0. He carried for 148 yards with no real carried in the 4th quarter (can't figure that one out!), made some great tackles, including a touchdown saving one on the last play of the game, and had three punts go out of bounds inside the 5, which allowed them to get the safety. Had 158 yards in the first game. Don't know if you can tell, but I'm proud of the kid. He loves football, but is only 5'10" and about 180, so he will have another year of HS ball, and I don't know if I really want him playing in college with 300 lb. lineman. He is a great golfer too, so I hope he gets that scholarship.
Drove up to the game in the Corvette to surprise him, played so well, I let him drive it all the time I was up there (with me on board.....he's 16, I'm not stupid!) and he really enjoyed driving by all his buddies. Going back for game 3, but I'm flying in a plane this time!

Welcome to CAC from yet another Texan

Welcome to the CAC and congrats on a really nice car. And yes, they make a vette in at least one more color. (see avatar)

Dennis

Sounds like you got a great kid chief, not to worry, he'll put on a few more pounds and some inches by the time he gets to the University of Houston. Keep us posted on his progress.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom