Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New member with a question

Paulejr

Hello, First of all Thankyou for excepting me as a member. Now I need to jump right in with a concern. While driving around in my 92 I let off the clutch to fast and stalled the engine. I could not get it started again without a jump. It started immediately. The rest of the day the volt gauge was on the low side (close to 8) and felt like it would stall again if I didn’t keep tapping the gas pedal. It also flashed two lights on the info center (ASR and ABS) just before it felt like it would stall. I put it in the garage and hooked on the battery tender for 24 hours. Since then it has started immediately with no trouble but I have not taken it out for a run yet. Should I be watching out for anything that might show me what the problem was or is?

Hello, First of all Thankyou for excepting me as a member. Now I need to jump right in with a concern. While driving around in my 92 I let off the clutch to fast and stalled the engine. I could not get it started again without a jump. It started immediately. The rest of the day the volt gauge was on the low side (close to 8) and felt like it would stall again if I didn’t keep tapping the gas pedal. It also flashed two lights on the info center (ASR and ABS) just before it felt like it would stall. I put it in the garage and hooked on the battery tender for 24 hours. Since then it has started immediately with no trouble but I have not taken it out for a run yet. Should I be watching out for anything that might show me what the problem was or is?

8V is barely runnable, your real lucky. Have your charging system and battery checked, make sure that your battery is load tested with a carbon pile tester. Your charging voltage (with the engine running) should be in the 13.2V -14.5V range.

Welcome,I was born & raised in Philly. The house I was born in Became part of I-95.

Wow I run over your house two or three times a year .

The power plant used in the transformers movie was in my back yard basically & still in operation when I livered there.Going North on 95 its just past the Allegheny Ave exit to the right. but before the Betsy Ross bridge exit.

YouTube

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom