Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette
1992 LT1
Hello, Glad to be aboard.
Have a couple of issues on my 92 C4.
1. Car has a jumpy idle at a stop light or any stop. Runs smooth on highway but around town when I stop it will idle fine then hiccup or stumble seems like it might stall but doesn't.
2. When I go over a bump and apply brakes I fell slight bounce back on brake pedal then the Service ASR and ABS lights go on.
Any suggestions on either
Thanks

Welcome Danny.

I'm going to move your thread into the C4 Tech Forum for greater exposure to C4 Corvette owners...

Welcome to CAC! :w Maybe GMJunkie will stop by here and offer a suggestion for you.

Been a while since I owned a C4 but I have a couple of suggestions.
1. Clean the throttle body paying attention to the idle air circuits
2. Have the wheel speed sensors checked.

Thanks for the response Tuna,
That's a sensor on each wheel correct. Could it be the ASR unit?
My other question on Throttle body what are the idle air circuit's.

No I do not show any codes on speedometer display. I opened that link you attached I myself would not know what to do. But I'll let my mechanic look at it.
Thanks

Your welcome Danny,let us know what your mechanic finds out ,what he did & if it solved your problems.

Thanks for the response Tuna,
That's a sensor on each wheel correct. Could it be the ASR unit?
My other question on Throttle body what are the idle air circuit's.
There is a wheel speed sensor on each wheel. These support anti-lock braking and traction control. A sensor or the wiring going to it could be bad.
When the butterflies are closed on the throttle body, air is routed around them to allow the engine to idle. There are a couple of holes between the butterflies for this. Spray them with throttle body cleaner per instructions.

Today I cleaned the throttle body. I sprayed all around I then wiped it out. Actually it wasn't that dirty. I also installed a new air filter. Car seemed to have more pep but still had that miss when stopped. It does not miss when in park only when in gear (Automatic Trans). Could it be a vacuum leak?

Your welcome Danny,let us know what your mechanic finds out ,what he did & if it solved your problems.
Wayback
My mechanic found his old diagnostic computer and plugged it in under dash driver side. Came up with code 76.
Description: Lateral Accelerometer Signal Out of Range.
Parameters: Rating greater than 0.6g for an extended period of time.
Can you put this in laymen's terms. What do I do with this information?
BTW I found this information on the Corvette Action Center website

Technical
Layman's
if your out doing donuts,really hard rights or lefts & 1 of the rear wheels loses traction it will set off the service ASR light,posible the ABS also. Youll proably drop the rpm's & the brake pedal may pulsate.

Last edited:
Welcome to CAC! :w Maybe GMJunkie will stop by here and offer a suggestion for you.
I have owned a 79 and 86. Just aquired a 2005, it’s very clean and fun to drive but the shift linkage has plastic heim type connections. They fell apart after 16 years and although it is fixed, when it happens the car won’t function.

On my ASR/ABS service lights on I disconnected battery for a few minutes reconnected and the lights have not returned. The brake peddle is normal. So far so good.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom