Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Members: Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

You're very welcome. . . . . . .

I was thinking of doing the head light conversion but there is nothing wrong with mine at the moment so maybe hold off on that till something goes wrong then do it.

You're very welcome. I am a stickler for stock and happen to be a big fan of the hidden headlamps myself, mostly stock other than small enhancments and suttle changes maybe, the C-5 has perfect lines as it is in my opinion, but to each their own.

-Bill :v

Yes I was thinking the same thing I love how the lines are when the headlamps are off.So I figure to leave them unless something happens and then thing about it hard and long to what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I was thinking the same thing I love how the lines are when the headlamps are off.So I figure to leave them unless something happens and then thing about it hard and long to what to do.

Good thinking, seen some done with the headlamp mod , not too bad but I'm too much of a stickler for stock to like it real well, just me ;shrug

-Bill

New here............

I can't tell you all how many questions have been answered in the past few months by the great folks on this site. Today I decided to join, so your knowledge about Corvettes will be at my fingertips. Learned a few things myself over the past 60 years. Hope I can help some of you, as you have helped me. Thank you all for having me.:thumb

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

I can't tell you all how many questions have been answered in the past few months by the great folks on this site. Today I decided to join, so your knowledge about Corvettes will be at my fingertips. Learned a few things myself over the past 60 years. Hope I can help some of you, as you have helped me. Thank you all for having me.:thumb

Welcome aboard and we're certainly glad to have you. The members and staff here are second to none. Always ready and willing to help when and where they can. As a rule there is something for everyone that love Corvettes and people who drive them, we're never to young or old to quit learning that's for sure.

-Bill :w

I am not a current owner but planning a purchase soon. I ran across this site and thought it had a lot of very good information. Thanks,

Welcome aboard. There are a bunch of very knowledgeable people on here. Pull the trigger and good luck with your purchase. We just bought our third Vette, a 2013 Grand Sport convertible. Traded the 99 convertible.

Welcome aboard. There are a bunch of very knowledgeable people on here. Pull the trigger and good luck with your purchase. We just bought our third Vette, a 2013 Grand Sport convertible. Traded the 99 convertible.

Appears maybe I missed welcoming you to the group, so Welcome Aboard :happyanim:

Hi all, I've been checking out the forums a bit and I'm looking forward to picking everyone's brain. I've got a bit of a mystery about the engine in my '72. Here's to getting to know you all better.

Hi all, I've been checking out the forums a bit and I'm looking forward to picking everyone's brain. I've got a bit of a mystery about the engine in my '72. Here's to getting to know you all better.

Welcome aboard glad you have joined us, we all love Corvettes and want to see a picture of your 1972 :cool!:

By the way I have been looking for a 1972 LT-1; is yours?

-Bill

Welcome to the Forum.
Hope you get an answer to your engine question. :w

Thanks!
7adezady.jpg

I think I've attached a picture. Sorry Hoosierdaddy…not an LT1.

Thanks for allowing me to join your forum. I purchased a 2008 Z06 last April 2013.
I have owned several muscle/ sport cars over the past 35 years and finally bought my first Corvette. I have some concerns although it has just 11k miles on the odometer. Nothing major. Maybe 4 - 8k for new valves/guides and or heads and cam. Hehe on the "nothing major". I didn't know about the "potential" valve problem on the LS7 when I bought it.
It is covered in the garage as we have quite a bit of snow still on the ground. I will post photos this spring. I am waiting for new wheels and tires 295 front 345 rears on 20" 360 Mesh 8's. I'll wait to take pictures with the new shoes. I'll keep the stock chrome wheels .....just in case?
I won't make any mods that can't be reversed by the next owner. That being said I plan on keeping this for as long as I can get in and out of it!

Thanks!
7adezady.jpg

I think I've attached a picture. Sorry Hoosierdaddy…not an LT1.

Hey she is still looking good and standing tall and red! Red is suppose to be worth another $1k I've alsways heard :ugh You still got the chrome bumpers front and rear pretty rare to see these days :happyanim:

-Bill

Thanks for allowing me to join your forum. I purchased a 2008 Z06 last April 2013.
I have owned several muscle/ sport cars over the past 35 years and finally bought my first Corvette.

You will never be the same now that you're a Corvette owner rest assured, wear it proudly and treat her nice :happyanim: Also let me welcome you to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER we're certainly glad you decided to join the group, the more the merrier. We just love Corvette's of all year/make/model and the people who own and drive them. No other car on the road like a Vette, you will not be able to wipe that :D off your face it's permanent when you in it and even around it. ENJOY the ride and don't forget the wave :thumb

welcome to the forum

I have owned several muscle/ sport cars over the past 35 years and finally bought my first Corvette. I have some concerns although it has just 11k miles on the odometer. Nothing major. Maybe 4 - 8k for new valves/guides and or heads and cam. Hehe on the "nothing major". I didn't know about the "potential" valve problem on the LS7 when I bought it.
It is covered in the garage as we have quite a bit of snow still on the ground. I will post photos this spring. I am waiting for new wheels and tires 295 front 345 rears on 20" 360 Mesh 8's. I'll wait to take pictures with the new shoes. I'll keep the stock chrome wheels .....just in case?
I won't make any mods that can't be reversed by the next owner. That being said I plan on keeping this for as long as I can get in and out of it!

Welcome to the forum. I know it bites to have a vette and live up north. Where up north are you from?
I am In Venice Fl where it will be a cold 78 degrees today. You can always bring your car down here.

Attachments

• E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_11_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_11_800600[1].jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 89
  • E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_14_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_14_800600[1].jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 86
  • E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_17_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_17_800600[1].jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 102
  • E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_5_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_5_800600[1].jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 86
  • E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_2_800600[1].jpg
    E3C92030-D35B-4F98-90A6-B538E4805C25_2_800600[1].jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 88
More Snow

Thanks Duke, I am in Kennett Square PA., south eastern part of the state. We are expecting another 6-10" snow today. I have a new set of sneakers being delivered on Tuesday. I have an appointment for new heads and tune for the end of March. This is the first winter I can remember that all my repair / upgrades are not being rushed for spring. I am not to sure when that (Spring) will actually happen!!!!
if it was possible I would be in Florida now! Thanks for the invite!

QUOTE=DukeOfEarl;1146202]Welcome to the forum. I know it bites to have a vette and live up north. Where up north are you from?
I am In Venice Fl where it will be a cold 78 degrees today. You can always bring your car down here.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,

New to the forums, I have an 81 red on red numbers matching( not for long though) i am in Japan and when i return to the US in a couple years i intend to go the 383 route. I currently have replaced the floor pan and rhino linned the undercarage. She has a issue idleing i fear it might be the carb, parts arent easy to find here in japan or even techs that understand carbs. She is currently gutted with no interior but i have an entire room stocked with new parts including new T tops as the old ones have a small crack. Is there anyway to post videos on this site to show start up, idle etc to make it easier to explain some of my issue? the vette is in good condition but i need to work out some small hickups. i will post some pics once i figure out this picture thing.

thanks alot enjoying the forums and the support i see this site gives to fellow owners.

Nate

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom