Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Members: Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Welcome aboard, Bruce! :w

Welcome Bruce. I am a Life Member of the National Corvette Museum. I was a member for over 20 years and figure I might as well become a Life Member.

Welcome Bud! Pictures.... we always like pictures.

We at the Corvette Action Center want to say hello and welcome you to our community! If you're reading this, you've obviously found our Forums, but we're much more than just another forum for Corvette enthusiasts.

For more information and a brief description of the CAC, read our About Us page. On the bottom of every page, you'll find a link to the Terms of Service for using the CAC. Within the Terms of Service, there are Rules of Conduct which are designed to ensure a friendly atmosphere in which all members are treated in a considerate and respectful manner. Toward that end, we have several volunteer Moderators and Administrators who are tasked with keeping the CAC running smoothly. Check out The CAC Team to see a brief description of the duties assigned to the Staff.

Another area of great significance here at the CAC is our Tech Center. It serves as a portal to a collection of Corvette related news and information not found anywhere else on the web. From the printable checklist on the Buying A Corvette page, to the Corvette Care, How-To, Owner Research, and Corvette Storage sections, enthusiasts can learn a great deal about America's Sportscar!

From the Tech Center, you can also navigate to the Model Center which contains production numbers, specs and performance figures for every Corvette model year since 1953. Want to see photos of your favorite model year? Check out the CAC Gallery.

If you're having difficulties with the site, check out the thread titles in the CAC Site Help and Feedback forum for an answer to your question, or post your question in a new thread in that forum. If you want to test an avatar, signature or photo post, start a new thread in the Site Proving Grounds forum.

Hopefully, this will serve as an introduction to the Corvette Action Center and a guideline for making the most of your membership here. Just remember, the CAC is like life, you get out of it what you put into it.

If you haven't posted an introduction thread in our New Member Introductions forum, do it now and give your fellow Corvette enthusiasts a chance to stop by and say hello!

:wSave the Wave!
Jane Ann
Just bought my '81 C3 and looking forward to summer rides. Glad I found this site and hope to learn more about my ride.

• Love Post
Reactions: Rob
Welcome!

Welcome to CAC!!
enjoy the '81!!!! its a fun vette!!!

Long time watcher...almost owner in 2015 (went with a M7 C7 Z06 Z07 instead - which I enjoyed) - but I always wanted to get a C6 ZR1.

Finally, with the economy helping out in this case and Winter being firmly in place, I was able to snag my dream car - a Blade Silver 2010 C6 ZR1 with ~21K miles. Because of the CAC, I was able to find out the history of the car, and that it was originally from Texas, built in May 2010, making its way up to Canada in June 2012 (confirmed by the border Canadian sticker on the door) and to me as the third owner (not including the World Fine Cars Dealer). It really is in mint condition, it truly looks brand new and interestingly, it is the same colour as my C7Z but - and this is just my opinion, the silver seems much deeper and with more flake on the C6 ZR1. It is some of the nicest paint I have seen actually. The previous owner - or the original I am not sure who, added half car PPF and full car ceramic pro which really kept the paint pristine and is also nice because I would have done the same myself with the car and that saved me some money. I also got brand new tires - Continental Contact Extreme Sport tires, which I have read good things about - but have never personally had. The previous owner also added full bolt ons and an LPE 710 package. They did not advertise this as many do not want any mods of any kind, but I feel Lingenfelter is one of the most quality names in the Corvette world and it is designed to drive like stock, which I can say, it did and I could not tell any difference from a ride perspective driving it home. ON that note, I got the car home safe and sound - Thank God - and now it is just resting and waiting for me and the weather to get into Spring so I can enjoy it.
For me - this car is the pinnacle of what I have always wanted in a super performance car. I have been fortunate and blessed with a few really nice rides, but for the obvious reasons and for others I am not quite as sure about, THIS car is the one for me. I think this is the keeper. With how rare these cars are, less than 4700 built, and mine 1 of 280 that is Blade Silver, I truly believe they are a very special car and they will continue to appreciate as they are already one of the last truly analog manual classics. My only frustration is that parts are extremely difficult to get. GM has discontinued everything. My car is still low mileage but the car is 14 years old now. The F55 suspension - which I really like - seems to have only one solution, replace it with MRC simulators. That is too bad. Also, if anyone wants to part with their oem ZR1 indoor cover - I will be very happy to purchase it from you!

A huge thank-you to Tony from World Fine Cars for helping me make my dream to own this car a reality!

And thank-you again for this site! It was extremely helpful in helping me find my 1SE/3ZR 2010 C6 ZR1. The knowledge here - with all of the owners - is irreplaceable.

Cheers!

Pics are all from the ad as my pics were too big to upload.

Attachments

• Colour Number.jpeg
    Colour Number.jpeg
    988.1 KB · Views: 24
  • MyZR1_16.jpg
    MyZR1_16.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 22
  • MyZR1_15.jpg
    MyZR1_15.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 21
  • MyZR1_14.jpg
    MyZR1_14.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 21
  • MyZR1_13.jpg
    MyZR1_13.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 21
  • MyZR1_10.jpg
    MyZR1_10.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 24
  • MyZR1_7.jpg
    MyZR1_7.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 23
  • MyZR1_6.jpg
    MyZR1_6.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 22
  • MyZR1_2.jpg
    MyZR1_2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 24
  • MyZR1_23.jpg
    MyZR1_23.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Nice! Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!

Welcome to the CAC. That is a beautiful car and a keeper for sure. It's also one of my favorites of the newer Corvettes.

Tom

Welcome to the CAC. That is a beautiful car and a keeper for sure. It's also one of my favorites of the newer Corvettes.

Tom
Thank-you Tom! You have two beautiful cars there yourself! The C6 generation has just been my Corvette. I grew up with the C3's and I think the roundness of the C6 speaks to that. The C4 was fairly flat and almost angular, and the C5 - also a beautiful car had more shapely features, but was still quite flat. The C7 Z06, which I was fortunate to own, is super angular and although it had a wide rear quarter, just did not work for me. I had the same Blade Silver on the C7Z and it does not look like the paint on the C6 ZR1. Just the front quarter of the car on the C6 is what makes it special to me.

Tom
And I don't mean to appear like I am putting any Corvette generation down. They are all beautiful cars - C1-C8 - and I very-much appreciate them all. I was simply stating that the C6 just connects with me on a design language level. So getting this C6 ZR1 was a dream of mine that I was happy to realize.

Very nice!
Thank-you Jrose! Polishing up those chrome wheels and the rest of the car daily is calming - really enjoying the car even though I can't drive it yet...

Attachments

• IMG_5602.jpeg
    IMG_5602.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5607.jpeg
    IMG_5607.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom