Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Mufflers and test pipe and a question

STLVett

Corvette
In the last week I have replaced my stock mufflers with a set of magnaflows from Corvette Central deeper sound. and looks stock. Then I found a test pipe on ebay took off the 25 year old catalytic converter now it really sounds nice and I can really feel a few extra HP and the car does not seem to bog down when get on the gas at cruising speed.My question is the tube taht went to the converter I just put a cap on it at the point where in went into the fitting that was on the converter. Is this all I need to do? Should I plug or cap it somewhere else. I started to car before I capped the line and I could feel nothing coming out of or being drawn into the tube.

New mufflers

In the last week I have replaced my stock mufflers with a set of magnaflows from Corvette Central deeper sound. and looks stock. Then I found a test pipe on ebay took off the 25 year old catalytic converter now it really sounds nice and I can really feel a few extra HP and the car does not seem to bog down when get on the gas at cruising speed.My question is the tube taht went to the converter I just put a cap on it at the point where in went into the fitting that was on the converter. Is this all I need to do? Should I plug or cap it somewhere else. I started to car before I capped the line and I could feel nothing coming out of or being drawn into the tube.

Hello, i saw your forum, i also bought the same ones from Corvette Central , they do sound nice as well the price too !! That tube goes to your smog pump , mine did not have it either but i found the set up in ecklers for 29.00 i had Midas muffler install it. i felt if it was not on my engine would run rough leaking air , you say no air suction?

Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom