Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Mufflers and test pipe and a question

STLVett

Corvette
In the last week I have replaced my stock mufflers with a set of magnaflows from Corvette Central deeper sound. and looks stock. Then I found a test pipe on ebay took off the 25 year old catalytic converter now it really sounds nice and I can really feel a few extra HP and the car does not seem to bog down when get on the gas at cruising speed.My question is the tube taht went to the converter I just put a cap on it at the point where in went into the fitting that was on the converter. Is this all I need to do? Should I plug or cap it somewhere else. I started to car before I capped the line and I could feel nothing coming out of or being drawn into the tube.

WONKABOY

New mufflers

In the last week I have replaced my stock mufflers with a set of magnaflows from Corvette Central deeper sound. and looks stock. Then I found a test pipe on ebay took off the 25 year old catalytic converter now it really sounds nice and I can really feel a few extra HP and the car does not seem to bog down when get on the gas at cruising speed.My question is the tube taht went to the converter I just put a cap on it at the point where in went into the fitting that was on the converter. Is this all I need to do? Should I plug or cap it somewhere else. I started to car before I capped the line and I could feel nothing coming out of or being drawn into the tube.

Hello, i saw your forum, i also bought the same ones from Corvette Central , they do sound nice as well the price too !! That tube goes to your smog pump , mine did not have it either but i found the set up in ecklers for 29.00 i had Midas muffler install it. i felt if it was not on my engine would run rough leaking air , you say no air suction?

Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom