Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Music machine!

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Hey guys, I got tired of having multiple devices to help me out while I drive......GPS, XM radio, Ipod interface, and so I bought a Clarion NZ503 head unit for the C5. This little unit has a 7" touchscreen and all sorts of options DVD and all sorts of music and video inputs. A backup camera is next on my agenda to add to it.

I know some have gone the route of the double din unit, I just didn't want to go to that extent. This single din unit does everything I can want for. The only drawback I see is that it hinders the AC vents some. I just adjust the screen down a little, which helps with the glare too.

:thumb Very cool, if I had an extra 700, I would go that route. :L Bought a C5 a week ago and looking to add an upgrade to the radio/cd player with an iPod interface, thats more in my budget...My gawd what a difference between the C4 and C5, I am in heaven.

Ive got my XM roady wired into my stock unit but now I'm going to use the old fashion tape deck insert and plug into my iPhone 5C so I can stream XM and my iTunes. It even works as a hands free phone. I can finally remove that ugly antenna out the back of the trunk lit. I was all over the flip up unit until I saw just how much it really does block the AC flow from the center vents. Yours looks good!!!

nut :D

Last edited:
So the screen doesn't retract into the unit? It looks functional but I would think that it would hinder airflow for sure.

Yes, it retracts, but if you want to see the map, or the screen to see who the incoming call is from, etc., then you need the screen up. It is adjustable so it's really hasn't been an issue. And I like all the features. Backup camera is next.

Ive got my XM roady wired into my stock unit but now I'm going to use the old fashion tape deck insert and plug into my iPhone 5C so I can stream XM and my iTunes. It even works as a hands free phone. I can finally remove that ugly antenna out the back of the trunk lit. I was all over the flip up unit until I saw just how much it really does block the AC flow from the center vents. Yours looks good!!!

nut :D

Nut, I had an XM Skydock. It plugged into the lighter and was just always in the way. It used the FM transmitter technology. An the reason that you get XM (not having to search for channels) I had to do anyway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom