Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 New Owner - 96 LT4 CE Z51

1996 LT4 Topic

ydphtwl

Corvette
1996 Collector Edition Coupe - Sebring Silver
Hello, I am new. Drove my 87 L98 to 183K miles. Still running good but barely passing in GA emissions. Just acquired a 1996 LT4 CE Z51. I only thought I had a Vette before. This car is more like it. Car is basically stock and very clean for 98K. The 87 and the 96 look very similar on the outside but under the hood is totally different. I went ahead and bought the factory service manuals but I am sure I will need to call on you guys for advice periodically.
Current mods:
Borla Stainless Exhaust System, MAF screen removed, Air foil, B&M Ripper, Billet RacePedals, Hurst knob.

Wow, SWEET ride! I test drove one at Rogers here in Florida....I am still drooling...Congrats!:BOW

Ken

Welcome to CAC. Nice new ride you have there. Might see you at Lens BBQ. I am still trying to work it out. It's a great group. Our last BBq was in August a few weeks before the Tale of the Dragon run we made up at Deals Gap. What a blast that was.

Mike

ydphtwl,
That is one nice ride, I'm loving the collector edition wheels, they’re my favorite out of the 84-96 C4 run.

Enjoy the CE, it is one sharp looking Vette.

B17Crew
:w

Welcome to the CAC Ken

Love those '96 CEs. Get together with that Georgia CAC bunch. They have a lot of fun down there.

Tom

Ken,

I hope you enjoy your new CE as much as I have been enjoying mine. What do you think of that Z51 suspension? Some seem to think it rides too rough, but I think it is perfect. First car I ever owned that didn't feel like the suspension needed firmed up a little.

Lew Fischer

Ken

Welcome to the LT4 club, Corvette low level flying !!!!

I am obviously biased, but the 96CE LT4 is still one of the sweetest Corvette rides around. :Steer

Congrads. I just got my '96 LT-4 yesterday. My first Corvette and it's great.

I don't plan many mods but the shift throw is going to get shortened. How is the Ripper for everyday casual driving? Is it too short a thow?

Dick

Thanks for all the welcomes!!! Regarding the Z51, I like it. It may not be for everybody. I think the 96 seats are more comfortable than my 87 had, so that kind of makes up for the harsher ride. Yeh, you notice little bumps in the road more but when you throw it into a hard banked turn, then you can appreciate it. No lean.
The Ripper is still new to me but I like it. It does have a race car feel now. Very mechanical feeling compared to stock. I can go from 2nd to 3rd much easier with it. I read all the writeups on the installation. It went fairly easy compared to some I have read about. The drive pin was a bear but it came out. No regrets.

Sweet car

I am new also.I just bought a 96 LT4 CE Z51 .(I will post pics soon.)So I am also biased towards the CE.You have one sweet car there!Mine has had some mods done already and has been dyno'd at 354 rwhp and 334 rwtq. LT4 hot cam/LT1 edit/ aluminum radiator/TPIS headers/spintech exhaust/Fidenza aluminum flywheel12lb/camberbrace/crossbrace/beam plates/koni adjustables/hurst shfter/heads&intake ported.I look fwd to reading your(and everyone elses too ;worship )posts and pics.http://www.geocities.com/powerslide91/

Shannon,

Very fine looking CE, I especially like your black interior, it really looks sharp. Lots of nice mods, too. Mine is completely stock, although I did put a K & N in it a few days ago. It still had the original air filter in it, was very clean with only 7K miles on it but I wasn't very confident in the filtering efficiency of an 8 year old filter.

Lew

Welcome!

Hi Ken,

I am new too, just joining last week. Very nice looking new ride you have. Hope it gives you years of dependable FUN!

Morgan

congrats on your C.E. with the LT4, you will love the high winding power. you have one of the best motors ever built, enjoy. one piece of maintenance to do every couple of years is to flush your cooling system. use distilled water and proper anti-freeze, dex-cool, and it will last forever. i found the texaco havoline anti-freeze lasted longer and did not break down like the G.M., just from my experience, Jack.

Welcome and Congrats!

Welcome Ken and congrats are in order. I am also new to the LT4 and am loving every minute of it! Dont get carried away with power and superb handling.

Cheers, :beer

Remember, the LT4 engine is timeless! :thumb

While driving your LT4 equipped Corvette, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

This thread is from 2003 so i think he has wore out his LT4 by now :D

Thanks, I did notice the date afterwards, staying up too late I guess. Having difficulty figuring out how to view threads in desending sequential order.

Cheers,
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom