Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Owner in Indiana

Welcome !

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center from another C4 owner! :w

Welcome!!

Thanks guys. I've got the battery charged an put back in. I've got power everywhere except to the starter. I ordered the vats resistors since all fuses are good and it would be the cheapest place to start. I know the car was parked in 2018 because it wouldn't start. My brother in law got a new ignition cylinder for it but never put it in. I tried getting the resistance value from the key, but was unable to do so. it appears to be bad. If the bypass works, I'm going to wire in a disable switch so I can still have some form of anti theft. I'll post tomorrow or friday with an update.

Update: Im assuming I found the right resistance for the ignition. Turn the ignition and there is no more flashing security light on the console. The bad news is that the engine still does not crank.

What year ? Do you hear the full pump come on ? It might be the starter relay or its not getting power to the relay. You should post your questions in the c4 forums so it gets more responses tho.

I haven't posted yet because I want to search before posting something that has most likely been discussed. No sound from the fuel pump. Car has electricity. All lights/accessories work. Just nothing when I turn the key.

Good luck with your search LB.

welcome from another new C4 owner in Indiana!!! Best of luck chasing down those "parked for years" gremlins
--but she's worth it;-)

Ronn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom