Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NEW PAINT!!!

chevyaddict

Corvette
1990 Convertible
Check it out!! My 81 is freshly painted! Looks good too..... just needs to be wetsanded and buffed after it cures and voila! Its a tad lighter than I wanted... but it has a pearl look to it (which doesn't show in this picture). Four coats of color and three coats of clear! :) Bright blue metallic once again!!! :upthumbs

Very nice !!!! :upthumbs :upthumbs

fantastic

hi Chevy addict, looks great, that colour will be a show stopper. regards wayne. down under.

Beautiful!! If you don't mind me asking how much did they charge for that paint job, its looks nice! I need to have my car re-painted in the next year or two. Or at least just the hood, cause the clear coat gave way and the black underneath got baked and changed colors in a five inch area.

Beautiful!! If you don't mind me asking how much did they charge for that paint job, its looks nice! I need to have my car re-painted in the next year or two. Or at least just the hood, cause the clear coat gave way and the black underneath got baked and changed colors in a five inch area.

Zip, zilcho nada, it was free! The sealer, paint and clear cost me around $650... other supplies brought the total up to a little over $1000. My boyfriend did the bodywork and paint so there ya go! He's great with fiberglass and bodywork. It didn't really need much bodywork except in the Urethane areas.... he worked and worked on the front and just did wonders! I'm guessing his work alone is worth at least $5000 aside from all the supplies, not including the wet sanding and buffing that still needs to take place.

Looks great.. :upthumbs

:w
-Stefan

Moe pics please :Steer

>

I need to pull it out and take more pictures.... we were all hurried to get it sealed up in the garage and it was too dark to take more. I'll have it out in a day or so and will take some more shots and post them!

Very nice!! I hope you can show us more pictures when the wet sanding is done.

Zip, zilcho nada, it was free! The sealer, paint and clear cost me around $650... other supplies brought the total up to a little over $1000. My boyfriend did the bodywork and paint so there ya go! He's great with fiberglass and bodywork. It didn't really need much bodywork except in the Urethane areas.... he worked and worked on the front and just did wonders! I'm guessing his work alone is worth at least $5000 aside from all the supplies, not including the wet sanding and buffing that still needs to take place.

Oooohhhhh, you will pay for it, he just hasn't decided how! :boogie

Couple more pics!

Ok.. tried to get home today before dark.... these aren't the greatest pictures.... but they will do. Windows and rims and tires are still really dirty from all the sanding, wetsanding, and washing before actual paint. I'll wait until she is all spiffied up to post the "final" shots.... that may be a little bit since I'm so busy these days! The car has been being prepped a year in this process as it is!!

^ The car has been prepped for a year. Golly, why the rush :).

Hurry with the final pictures. Can we expect them by tomorow? Yes. OK cool.

>

Very nice.......

I know the feeling...I just had my baby repainted too....now the wait till it cures and you can bring out the shine and wax her up.......congrats on your new paint job from new england.....

Great color and looks great. I need to get me a friend like that.

Fantastic looking paint, and the gaps and alignment of hood and lights look first rate. You REALLY owe someone.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom