Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Rims Need Help

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Okay Im REALLY trying to change my rims. Centerforce is saying most of them dont fit because of the offset (not to mention almost every other company)

So I narrowed it down to 2 wheels

One

HRE 440's

TWO

Corvette OE 2002 Rims ( ALL 18" No 17's)

Question is will this fit?? I cant seem to find any pictures on the net or get a straight answer from anyone
:crazy :crazy :crazy :crazy

BigRed,

I'm not sure what kind of rims you are looking for, but I to am looking for rims for my 84 and have run across the same problems.

A web site that you might want to check out is www.afswheels.com. They make ZR1 replicas with the correct off set and backspacing for our early generation C4's.

They have decent prices for wheel and tire combos too. I think you can get a complete set of 17x9.5 for the front, 17x11 for the rear with a set of Dunlop SP-8000 tires for $1650.

As I stated above, these are a direct bolt on so no adaptors are needed. The web site has a number of photos of vettes with the wheels and tires installed and comments from the cars owners about the product.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Thats help thanks but I'd sure like to know if the 2000+ wheels (the thin 5 spoke in chrome) would fit my car (18's all four) If it doesnt I'll sure look at the ZR 1's for sure

Hello Mr. Red,

This firm makes every thing you need, rear I have 13"x18" and front 10"x18". Magnesium Alloys, ultra light and made for the race track.

almere01-d.jpg

John

BigRed - Johnny has some nice looking wheels, but noticed he has the GS flares on. Looks good on that application. Bet those weren't cheap.

Check out www.performancewheeloutlet.com and Ebay(car parts/then wheels and tires/then type in corvette.

The fit is going to be your problem. I think (don't really have those specs) that the offset for 2001 thin spoke 18x9.5 rims is probably around +65mm for the stock OR they are avail in a +54mm offset. Your year vette has a +32 or +38 mm offset so the +54s or 65s would fit but not the way yoy want if you want to fill out your stance.

Other places to get the facts are www.y-body.com and see Hib Halverson's Suspension Specs for the 84-96 and see this forums Specifications for some other great info like Frt/Rear track and tire size info. www.tirerack also has a great web site that explains things like offset and section width and the like. You have to put it all together right to get it to come out the way you want. Bet you can get the HREs any offset you like - only costs $.

Phil (aka 89ZZ4)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom