Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Shocks

jmhorn52

Corvette
2008 Yellow ZHZ
I just replaced the shocks on my 88 coupe with the Z52 suspension. I bought some KYB's. The ride is good and the price was good for all 4 of them. The ride is good and the handling is still great. Whoever owned the car before me haad put gabriels on the back adn I appeared as the front shocks were orignal (165k). They are a good cost effective alternative to the bilstiens

Hey, I did the same thing with my 88 Z52 Coupe, The original Bilstiens were on the car, I like KYB's replacments, price wasn't bad. In my opinion, most go for the heavyest duty shock they can find, sure the car corners flatter, but the rest of the ride sucks, shocks that are too stiff doesn't let the suspension travel/work. I think it has something to do with the "Bigger is better" thing..................:beer

I posted this very same question on a different forum a while back and never got a reply. It's good to hear positive results with the KYB's, the cost savings over the original brand is worth consideration. My '88 Z52 still has some generic shock which was on the car when I bought her. Only markings on them are "Made in Mexico", they gotta go.... Believe I'm seein' a set of KYB's in the near future! Thanks!

I have put a little more than a hundred miles on the KYB's now. The difference is amazing the car still corners but the ride is vastly improved. The car doesnt jump over bumps in the road the suspension soaks it up. The car just feels more composed. The shocks were money well spent

I put the KYB's on my Mustangs when I was doing the Fox body thing..they always seemed to do fine.I was kind of turned off when I saw that many of the trucks today use Biltstiens from the factory.I would love to put some Koni shocks on my '90..but just cant stomach over $400 a set for shocks.lol

I also replaced my original Bilsteins with KYBs and got a new set of Kumho tires. The difference was amazing. Rides like a Cadillac compared to what is use to do and it still handles great. Definitely worth the change.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom