Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New stereo for my C4 instead of stock bose

vuk8691

Corvette
1995, C4, coupe
Hi!
What kind of stereo can I build in my C4 (1995) instead of stock bose(damaged)?!
Does every double din stereo pass there?

Hi!
What kind of stereo can I build in my C4 (1995) instead of stock bose(damaged)?!
Does every double din stereo pass there?

Depth is you issue. Unless you want to modify the dash. I suggest the Pioneer slim depth units. Sound great. Will work with IPOD, cd and have remote.

I will be honest, I don't like double din head units. $$ for $$, they are overpriced and under featured.

Most single din will work fine with an install kit. Metra makes one now, as does a company in AZ (I will have to look them up).

Whatever you do, remove and gut all the bose junk. A new head unit won't make the old blose speakers sound any better.

Depth isn't much of an issue with a single din. The install kits bring the unit down to the sweet spot. I have an Alpine 7998 installed in my 92, and it fits perfectly.

I will be honest, I don't like double din head units. $$ for $$, they are overpriced and under featured.

Most single din will work fine with an install kit. Metra makes one now, as does a company in AZ (I will have to look them up).

Whatever you do, remove and gut all the bose junk. A new head unit won't make the old blose speakers sound any better.

Depth isn't much of an issue with a single din. The install kits bring the unit down to the sweet spot. I have an Alpine 7998 installed in my 92, and it fits perfectly.

Yelp, You can get a really nice mp3 single din for less than $250. I put a Sony with hidden face panel in Thunder after the Fosgate was stolen.

Ok so what are some good speakers to replace the BOSE ones with ?

That is kinda like asking what is the best brand of bottled water. Everyone has their own opinion. With that said, I will offer my opinion.

I put in Infinity speakers. I have an older C4. (84) So different speaker locations. I put 4X6 plates in the dash. 6 1/2 in doors and 6X9 in rear. The Infinity are about $75 per pair. Have great, Crisp, sound.

If I had unlimited funds. I would have put in MB Quart's Will run up to $500 per pair.

That is kinda like asking what is the best brand of bottled water. Everyone has their own opinion. With that said, I will offer my opinion.

I put in Infinity speakers. I have an older C4. (84) So different speaker locations. I put 4X6 plates in the dash. 6 1/2 in doors and 6X9 in rear. The Infinity are about $75 per pair. Have great, Crisp, sound.

If I had unlimited funds. I would have put in MB Quart's Will run up to $500 per pair.
Yelp - only your own ear knows what it likes.
I also went with Infinity for the front speakers but I went with JBLs setup like Subs in the rear. (I grew up in the 50s-60s, am 1/2 deaf and love a tight bottom end.) The rear speaker enclosure has lots of room to play with.

I did the exact same thing, the same speakers, and the sound on the Infinitis is crystal clear. My HU is the pioneer 1.5 din DEHP77DH and I'm using an Alpine multi-channel amp in the rear storage bin to drive all six speakers. Sounds great, even with no subwoofer.

Like spanishvette I am a child of the 60's from northern calif, just wondering what type of infinitis and the JBL's did you use ?

Like spanishvette I am a child of the 60's from northern calif, just wondering what type of infinitis and the JBL's did you use ?
Infinity Reference 9612i

6"x9" 2-way car speakers

Item #1089612I
Infinity Reference 6012i

6-1/2" 2-way car speakers
For 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" openings

Item #1086012I
Infinity Reference 6412cfp

4"x6" 2-way plate speakers

Item #1086412CFP

Thanx for the info, I replaced my Bose with a JVC but am still using the Bose speakers and would want more Base

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom