Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New to Corvetts

controlu

Corvette
1987 Coupe
I’m 79 years old. I got divorced 20 years ago, and these 20 years have been the happies years of my life. I retired 13 years ago and got bored very quickly.

Then I saw this 1987 Corvette for sale at $1500. It had been sitting for over a year, according to the owner, just wasting away like me. I thought to myself that that poor car needs to be put back on the road and I need to get my butt active again, so why not?

I have since figured that it is more like 11 years that it sat. Fuel tank sending unit and pump rusted to the falling apart stage, interior shredded etc. Mind you, I didn’t buy it as an investment but as a project. I’ve already got about $11,000 into it and still more to go, so the ‘project’ part of the deal is a great success.

This is my first Corvette and I need some help from time to time finding parts, part numbers and ‘how too’ tips. Any info/help ya’ll can give would be appreciated.

Thank you for allowing me to join this forum and pick brains.

Welcome! You're never too old to own and enjoy a Corvette, even if it's a project. That what helps keep us young! 😊

Welcome aboard! :w Just post up your questions and we will make every attempt to help you out. Thanks for saving the C4!

Welcome!!

Welcome to CAC!!!
Enjoy!!

I’m 79 years old. I got divorced 20 years ago, and these 20 years have been the happies years of my life. I retired 13 years ago and got bored very quickly.

Then I saw this 1987 Corvette for sale at $1500. It had been sitting for over a year, according to the owner, just wasting away like me. I thought to myself that that poor car needs to be put back on the road and I need to get my butt active again, so why not?

I have since figured that it is more like 11 years that it sat. Fuel tank sending unit and pump rusted to the falling apart stage, interior shredded etc. Mind you, I didn’t buy it as an investment but as a project. I’ve already got about $11,000 into it and still more to go, so the ‘project’ part of the deal is a great success.

This is my first Corvette and I need some help from time to time finding parts, part numbers and ‘how too’ tips. Any info/help ya’ll can give would be appreciated.

Thank you for allowing me to join this forum and pick brains.
Welcome aboard, sir.
When you get a chance, post some pics and keep us up to date on your progress.

Corvettes are the only car you can love and hate with every fiber of your being at the same time. Kind of like a woman but it don’t talk back as much.

Another WELCOME !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom